Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Gallbladder Disease Forum

Im Almost 18 And I Think I Might Have Gallbladder Disease.

Must Read
Are you suffering from gallbladder pain? We describe the location and function of the gallbladder to target possible problems....
When do you need to see a doctor about possible gallbladder problems? Learn to distinguish signs and symptoms of gallbladder disease to take action before it's...
Gallstones are the most frequent cause of an inflamed gallbladder. Know the common symptoms of gallstones or gallstone attack....
I have had almost every horrible test done to me that you can imagine, had enough blood taken from my veins to fill a blood donation bag, and still nothing. My symptoms range from swollen belly, pain in the ulq that is mostly stabbing but then turns into a dull throbbing pain that I can feel in my back, to nausea, headaches, slight fever. Also pain in the urq and sometimes in the center between my ribs. It gets worse when I eat things like kfc and chinese food, even home made chicken noodle soup.

It gets worse. I have no desire to eat anymore...Maybe because I know that eating causes me more pain, or because I just...Have no lust for it. I have an ultrasound scheduled for 6 days from now and they did blood tests for liver function and stuff like that a couple weeks ago and the liver tests came back abnormal, then they did blood tests yesterday because I had a severe attack the day before and today the tests came back normal.

I really don't know what to do. Im tired of being in pain all the time. But nothing that my doctors test me for come back with results. Everything is "normal." can you still have gallbladder disease even if your bloodwork is normal?
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied October 9th, 2006
Re: Im Almost 18 And I Think I Might Have Gallbladder Diseas
Blood tests could show elevated levels of bilirubin and alkaline phosphatase enzyme or high levels of white blood cells to indicate inflammation of the gallbladder but high levels of aspartate aminotransferase and alanine aminotransferase when there are gallstones. However, the blood tests are not so reliable, it is best to have an ultrasound to check for gallstones.

As for your meals, you should watch for what's causing your discomfort and avoid these meals until you figure out what the problem may be. Don't eat spicy and fried food or whatever's causing the pain.
|
Did you find this post helpful?