Medical Questions > Pregnancy Forum > Pregnancy Community Chat Forum

Immaculate Conception: Real Or Fiction? (Page 1)

Must Read
What happens during labor? What do contractions feel like? And how do I know that labor has begun? Read on to learn about birthing basics....
Signs of labor occur after 36 weeks of pregnancy. Learn about the difference between real and false contractions. Plus, we outline signs of delivery complicati...
Almost all women worry about the pain of childbirth. Preparing for childbirth includes thinking about how you'd like to cope with the pain of labor. Read on for...
So anybody who's ever been exposed to religion probably knows that the term immaculate conception tends to refer to jesus and mary, but i'm not talking about it in a religious sense.

Over the years i've heard of different people having children without introducing sperm/etc. Is it possible for a woman to become pregnant without ever having sex [including other forms of semination [is that the right word?] that can occur.]

it must seem like a silly question, but i've wondered about this for several yearas now.
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied September 29th, 2006
Extremely eHealthy
Re: Immaculate Conception: Real Or Fiction?
dani_robin wrote:
so anybody who's ever been exposed to religion probably knows that the term immaculate conception tends to refer to jesus and mary, but i'm not talking about it in a religious sense.

Over the years i've heard of different people having children without introducing sperm/etc. Is it possible for a woman to become pregnant without ever having sex [including other forms of semination [is that the right word?] that can occur.]

it must seem like a silly question, but i've wondered about this for several yearas now.

who have you heard of having children without sperm?? That is the dumbest thing I have ever heard. You cannot make a baby without an egg and sperm, period.
|

User Profile
Especially eHealthy
If you were to somehow conceive without being anywhere near sperm, you would be all over the international news as the next .Virgin .Mary. I won't say it's *impossible* because I do believe it happened once. But that was a miracle, and miracles don't happen every day. I will say that it is veeeeeeeeeeeery unlikely to ever happen in our lifetimes, and I will leave it at that.
|

Especially eHealthy
This is rediculous.

It all depends on whom you talk to.

Some believe in the bible, and christianity, and firmly believe in the whole. *miracle conception* that begot .Jesus.

Some believe its bologna.

Fact of the matter is, its physically impossible to conceive without both ends of the spectrum.

For this question to bring up any sort of debate is rediculous. Come on you guys.
|

Extremely eHealthy
Mmmmmmm you cant be for real? The only women whom claim such things such be locked up and in straight jackets.
|

User Profile
Extremely eHealthy
Actually referring to the bible, mary was actually not a virgin jesus has older and younger sibling I believe nine so I highly doubt it.

Honestly, an egg needs a sperm to concieve a child doesnt matter how its done, in vitro etc it still needs a sperm!
|

User Profile
Especially eHealthy
emma2 wrote:
mmmmmmm you cant be for real? The only women whom claim such things such be locked up and in straight jackets.

uh,then how do you explain my situation? How do you explain my daughter! Lmao!

I am in an *odd* mood today. . .
|

User Profile
Extremely eHealthy
Wait if .Jesus had older brothers &sisters then why was .Mary even said to be the .Virgin .Mary? Shocked

.I mean .I don't believe in what the bible says at all.
A bunch of sexist pigs wrote it &it's certainly not the
"word of god" (just my opinion- .I have high respect
for .Christians!). But is it really that obviously flawed?
|

User Profile
Especially eHealthy
I didn't think it ever mentioned that he had brothers and sisters in the bible.. Did it? I dunno i've never actually sat down and read it but my family has.. And I don't think they've ever mentioned it. Maybe i'm wrong, probably. Pretty pathetic that i've gone to church my whoooole life and I don't know anymore than I do. Shocked
|

Especially eHealthy
question: "did jesus have brothers and sisters (siblings)?"

answer: the bible never gives an exact count, but jesus’ siblings are mentioned in several bible verses. Matthew 12:46, luke 8:19, and mark 3:31 say that jesus’ mother and brothers came to see him. Jesus had four brothers: james, joseph, simon, and judas (matthew 13:55). Jesus also had sisters, but they are not named or numbered (matthew 13:55-56). In john 7:1-10, his brothers go on to the festival. In acts 1:14, his brothers and mother pray for him. Later in galatians 1:19, it mentions that james was jesus’ brother. The most natural conclusion of these passages is to interpret that jesus had actual blood siblings. There is no biblical reason to believe that these siblings are not the actual children of mary and joseph. They were obviously born after jesus, because jesus was born of a virgin {isa 7:14; luke 1:26-38}.

i'm not at all religious, I just googled this.
|

User Profile
Extremely eHealthy
hcobrunette06 wrote:
i didn't think it ever mentioned that he had brothers and sisters in the bible.. Did it? I dunno i've never actually sat down and read it but my family has.. And I don't think they've ever mentioned it. Maybe i'm wrong, probably. Pretty pathetic that i've gone to church my whoooole life and I don't know anymore than I do. Shocked

this is a big controversy in the religious world. Catholics believe the "brothers" refered to where "friends" , they believe jesus called his peers brothers.

Different faiths believe "brothers" is literally blood related.
|

User Profile
Extremely eHealthy
I think it's kind of funny how .Jesus claimed to be the saviour &the son of .God (.I'm not saying he wasn't).. But if anyone today said they were the messiah, they'd be sent straight to the looney bin. Laughing
|

User Profile
Especially eHealthy
Do you know how many people *do* claim to be the messiah? A lot of them *belong* in the looney bin! Of course, they also have a miniature invisible .Elvis on their shoulder telling them to hold up liquor stores with tinfoil knives... Rolling Eyes

.I'm in a silly mood today.
|

User Profile
Extremely eHealthy
L.M.A.O!!!

....*hides tinfoil knife*

Twisted Evil
|

User Profile
Experienced User
Ha, is this discussion really taking place?

:: leaves quickly ::
|

You know, I was under the impression that this was a mature forum. I already said this wasn't meant as a religious question. Mad

i had heard of cases where a woman gave birth without sex and was wondering if it was possible.

Btw, I came across an article today and while it's not quite the same as what I was asking, there is a chance that a child can be created without sperm. If the chromosomes of two eggs are together it can produce a female child, but that requires medical procedures.
|

User Profile
replied September 30th, 2006
Experienced User
There are numerous cases of girls becoming pregnant without having sex. One girl in my school a few years back had that happen to her. You see, what they do is "dry hump" with their boyfriends with their undies on and the little spermies somehow find a way to travel through mommy and daddy's undies into the girl's vagina and .B.O.O.M there's a virgin pregnancy. It sounds impossible, but it's happened.

I know this isn't saying whether girls can become pregnant immaculately, but they can without technically having sex.
|

Active User, very eHealthy
I think the example smoothiesryummy provided is the closest thing to immaculate conception you'll ever find. There's no way to conceive without sperm, so an immaculate conception is impossible.

Dani_robin, if the people you know are having kids without the presence of sperm, they are either involved in an incredible medical anomaly, or they desperately need to get a large dose of anti-psychotics. Or maybe they just adopted. You don't need sperm for that - just $20k, no bad habits, and the same ethnicity as the child.
|

Especially eHealthy
smoothiesryummy wrote:
there are numerous cases of girls becoming pregnant without having sex. One girl in my school a few years back had that happen to her. You see, what they do is "dry hump" with their boyfriends with their undies on and the little spermies somehow find a way to travel through mommy and daddy's undies into the girl's vagina and .B.O.O.M there's a virgin pregnancy. It sounds impossible, but it's happened.

I know this isn't saying whether girls can become pregnant immaculately, but they can without technically having sex.

yes technically without havcing sex

but not without sperm

secondly...

My friend .Jarmaine has lots of bruthas and sistaz.. All his friends are his bruthas and sistas.. Including me lol (and we are sooo obviously not related. (definate pigment difference lol) allthough I adore him to death..)

and yeah... Even if the bible *was* referring to blood siblings... Doesnt mean it couldnt have been referring to younger ones.
|

Experienced User
arcadia wrote:
i think it's kind of funny how .Jesus claimed to be the saviour &the son of .God (.I'm not saying he wasn't).. But if anyone today said they were the messiah, they'd be sent straight to the looney bin. Laughing

well it was the same thing back then.....Except he wasn't sent to the looney bin, he was sent to his death.
|