Medical Questions > Pregnancy Forum > Pregnancy Forum

That Pain...

Must Read
What happens during labor? What do contractions feel like? And how do I know that labor has begun? Read on to learn about birthing basics....
Signs of labor occur after 36 weeks of pregnancy. Learn about the difference between real and false contractions. Plus, we outline signs of delivery complicati...
Almost all women worry about the pain of childbirth. Preparing for childbirth includes thinking about how you'd like to cope with the pain of labor. Read on for...
Ok, so I went to the doctor today and I told her about that pain i've been having. She said it's "round ligament pain". She suggested I buy a belly support from babies 'r us to help ease the pressure on my pelvic floor muscles. Have any of you heard of this before?
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied September 28th, 2006
Especially eHealthy
I don't know about that, but I do know that .Oni used to do the mexican hat dance on my pelvic floor!! Lmao! I though I was gonna see a fist come out my cudda!!!!! That sh't effin hurt!!!!

I didn't have a pillow....But I prob should've gotten one....Oh well!

Sarah
|

Active User, very eHealthy
Lol that's cute Smile
|

User Profile
Extremely eHealthy
Yep! It's extremely common.
It's just your uterus growing,
&your muscles stretching.
|

Especially eHealthy
Are you talking about the pain you were having in your vaginal lips? Did you mention that you thought it was varicose veins? Round ligament pain is not in your vulva.
|

Yeah, I told her. She was concerned at first, so she gave me an internal exam. I said that I had talked to a few people and they seemed to think that it was varicose veins. She didn't think so b/c I don't have varicose veins anywhere else, and normally varicose veins appear on the legs first, and it is quite rare for them to appear on the vagina first. She said that I have only one symptom of varicose veins (the pain), but she examined me and said that she is certain it is round ligament pain. She said that sometimes the symptoms are quite similar but the look of the labia will be quite different with both. She said that my labia is swollen, and is a for sure sign of round ligament pain. She told me that this is very common for first time mom's and the pain should subside after birth, and lying on my left side as often as I can will help with the swelling.
|

User Profile
Experienced User
I have that pain with every pregnancy. It is extremely common. Lying on your side will definalty help the pain subside. The more you stand on your feet, the worse the pain will get too, so try limiting your activity throughout the day. If you work at a desk job try finding a way to elevate your feet the best you can. That worked wonders for me.
|

replied September 29th, 2006
Especially eHealthy
The pain I have in that general area is like, ive been riding a horse for hours and my pelvic muscles are sore. It hurts when I get up from laying down to a sitting position. Or if ive been sitting for a while.
|

replied October 2nd, 2006
Thanks for the adivce! I've been trying to stay off my feet and it seems to be helping Smile and rainfire, that's exactly what mine feels like Smile
|