Medical Questions > Womens Health > Womens Conditions Forum

Night Sweats During Period (Page 1)

Must Read
Menstruation is a woman's normal monthly menstrual period. But what are the signs of abnormal periods? When is vaginal bleeding serious?...
Regular vaginal bleeding vagina is a sign of healthy menstruation. What signs and symptoms point to menstrual problems? Read on to learn the difference....
Menstrual irregularity means that something is wrong. Learn how to identify the signs and symptoms of an irregular period to prevent larger problems later...
Anyone have night sweats during your period? I've had them pretty bad the last few times my period has started. I've only found information on this when women are going through menopause, but i'm far from menopause! Any thoughts as to why this would be happening? It's driving me crazy because I hate waking up soaked in sweat, especially now that it's cooling off.
Did you find this post helpful?
First Helper User Profile sreid
|

replied March 5th, 2007
Night Sweats During Period
Hi littlemisstery

I have the same thing! Are you on the pill? My doc initially thought that it was due to not taking a pill to have a period i.e. the body doesnt like losing the hormones and reacts with night sweats. This makes sense cos the sweats happen during my period.

I have also been for loads of tests i.e. thyroid, hormonal, HIV, the works and everything is normal! My doc suggested that I come off the pill so she monitored my hormones after I had been off it for a few months and the only issue was slightly low estrogen. The estrogen wasnt low enough for her to worry. She thinks that it's just because I have been on the pill for a few years so my hormones are re-adjusting. BTW I am 29.

The doc has now suggested that I stay off the pill a little longer so she can keep an eye on my hormones. But my skin has badly broke out so I am going back on the pill. My new plan is not to have a period at all i.e. keep taking the hormones, and see if the sweats re-appear. Oh, since coming off the pill (4 months now) I havent had many sweats at all. I honestly think it has something to do with the pill.

Keep me posted on your progress!
|

replied February 1st, 2012
Night sweats during my period
I'm 29. I haven't been on the pill for more than 3 years, and I still get soaked in sweat at night when I'm on my period...=( I also constantly wake up in the middle of the night and have problems falling back asleep...
|

replied March 5th, 2007
Especially eHealthy
I sometimes got those before I went on the pill, but for me it was associated with the incredible pain of my cramps. I would also get nausea and diarrhea because of the pain and those made me sweat too!
|

replied December 22nd, 2008
I get night sweats too. I never had them before, but I had a baby 3 months ago and have been getting night sweats with each period post partum. It makes sense about the hormones because mine are prob still readjusting...I guess. I don't know...
|

replied December 22nd, 2008
Extremely eHealthy
i only ever had these night sweats before i went on the pill (microgynon 30) when i started taking these my period went lighter lasted 3 days instead of a week and the sweat stopped to.
|

replied June 16th, 2009
I've had them since the birth of my fourth child 5 years ago. It usually starts 2 nights before my period. I'm 35 & was only on the pill for maybe 6 months of my life when I was 23. The only info I've been able to find is regarding menopause...confusing...maybe I should go to the doc about it?
|

replied July 2nd, 2009
Night sweats with period
I get them too, right at the start of my period. Not on the pill, just started having my cycle again (maybe 5 times)since having baby last year. Not sure if I've always gotten them, or just since having kids. I always thought it was just a normal hormonal thing though. Although I know the BBT actually drops right before your period, so doesn't make sense to me...
|

replied July 7th, 2009
Night sweats/menstrual
Woke up about 5 time with drenched clothes last night and had to change the bedding as well. I am got my period today so I definately think that it is due to my hormone levels changing. I am 40 and did not ecperience this until after the birth of my 3rd child nearly 2 years ago.... What to do? i am not sure... maybe I will try and take more evening primose oil which has significantly reduced my pre-menstrual symptoms such as pain, moodiness etc!
|

replied August 6th, 2009
Night Sweats but too young for menopause
I have been using the pill Triadene for many years now and have only recently started having night sweats. I am too young to be menopausal so my doctor has told me to come off the pill and to return for blood tests during my next cycle. I am also logging the nights I do get the sweats and so far it has been on 4 out of 5 nights.
Anybody else on the same pill with the same problems?
I don't smoke, I excercise 2-3 times a week, eat healthily and am not over weight. I can't figure out what is going on and have another 17 nights to go before I can get a blood test done. Any tips to help ease the sweating as it is disrupting my sleep? Thanks.
|

replied October 14th, 2009
I get night sweats on/off half of my menstrual cycle. I'm btwn 30-35 and have never been on birth control. The nights started bout 1 year ago. I have a 4 year old child which I conceived with only 1 ovary. I have not been diagnosed with endometriosis although I am sure I have it due to other symptoms so I'm assuming that is also why I am getting these night sweats, not sure though anyone else experiencing the same?
|

replied October 28th, 2009
Night Sweats
I also get night sweats. Seems to always be closer to when I start my period, but it has become much more often lately. I am on a higer level estrogen birth control called Zovia and they have me take four packs straight due to the issue. So basically I don't take the placebo pills and only have a period every three months. I'm worried, because they are more often now. I asked my doctor if it would mean I would go through menapause early and she said it wasn't impossible for that to be a fact. I don't want anymore kids, but I'm only getting ready to be 29. Sucks waking up covered in sweat and freezing. It's hard to get good sleep. Does anyone have and advice/suggestions?
|

replied November 12th, 2009
Yup, me too. Mine are usually the two nights before I start my period. I'm 30, not on the pill, no kids, healthy. It only started this past year or so, and has been accompanied by more painful cramps and moodier PMS.
|

User Profile
replied January 3rd, 2010
I'm so glad I'm not alone on this. KayEm, I have the exact same symptoms. I just turned 31 and have recently started experiencing night sweats and hot flashes. Mine are also accompanied by worse cramps and really moody PMS. One day I'm very anxious and edgy, the next I'm crying uncontrollably, and the last I'm happy as a clam. My husband calls me Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde. I've never had any problems show up on my labs, my son is 9 years old, and I don't take any kind of birth control. How do you deal with this? Is there something my doctor is missing?
|

replied April 27th, 2011
Please have your progesterone hormone level test done. This test is required to be done on 21st day of the cycle. I suffered 6 months with the same symptoms and finally found that my progesterone level is < 1 which should be between 4 to 22.
|

replied March 18th, 2010
I started having night sweats after I had a miscarriage last year. I am 44 years old so I wasn't sure if I was experiencing perimenopause symptoms or not. It puzzled me because it only happens about 2-3 days before my period and I have no other symptoms. After reading the other posts, I see that most of you have had a recent child birth before you started having them so I'm inclined to believe that my miscarriage is the culpret.
I've done some research and found that there is a natural supplement called Macafem that helps your body restore estrogen naturally without any side affects. I am going to order some and see if it helps. They say you will notice results after about 1 week. I just started my period yesterday 3/17/10 so I should see some results by my next cycle. I'll keep you posted.
|

replied April 5th, 2010
Menstral night sweats
I get night sweats a few days before my period and while I''m on it. It is VERY annoying because I wake up at the same time every night (6am) wet and so thirsty. I am 23 and I take Loestrin24. My mom has the same thing happen to her and she is not on the pill, so maybe it is a hereditary thing?
|

replied April 21st, 2010
I am 27, no kids, healthy, non smoker non drinker, no bc pills. I also have been waking up drenched in sweat throughout the night a week or so prior to starting my period. All my labs have come back normal....very frustrating. I have also noticed the correlation with increased moodiness and intensified cramping. Somethings gotta give! Thinking about trying Yaz...any feedback on that??
|

replied April 21st, 2010
Yaz
NightshiftRN: I know birth control affects people differently, but I wouldn''t recommend Yaz or Yasmin. I tried it and it gave be the WORST anxiety! The funny thing about it too was before that I had never had an anxiety problem. So I switched over to a low hormonal dose of birth control, Loestrin 24 and that works!
|

replied April 26th, 2010
Hi there,

I'm wondering if anyone has experienced this and/or has any solutions. For a few years, I have experienced night sweatsSweat electrolytes test
Sweat test
Sweating
Sweating - absent about a week to a couple of days before my period. They usually stop the firstFirst progesterone mc10
First progesterone mc5
First-progesterone vgs 100
First-progesterone vgs 200
First-progesterone vgs 25
First-progesterone vgs 400
First-progesterone vgs 50
First-testosterone
First-testosterone mc day of my period and then start up again the next month. And when I say sweatsSweat electrolytes test
Sweat test
Sweating
Sweating - absent, I mean drenching... getting up at night at least twiceTwice-a-day to change and wanting to change my bedding but being too tired to do so.
|

replied May 1st, 2010
Night sweats are actually pretty common right when bleeding starts because progesterone and estrodiol are at monthly low point. An Acupuncturist can help with these fluctuations and even prescribe Chinese herbs that can make a huge difference. Oral contraception will definitely effect this cycle too. Their a new product made from all Chinese herbs which helps with cramps and PMS symptoms.
|

replied May 4th, 2010
re-nightsweat during period
I am begging to think these symptoms are hormonal after reading all these helpful posts. I started experiencing nightsweats a year ago. I occurs the day before, and the first, and sometimes second day of my period. I am 43yrs old, have a 9yr old, not on pills. I intend to check my hormonal levels especially during these periods of my night sweat. I will also try that natural estrogen (Macafen) that was mentioned in one of the postings.
|
Quick Reply