Medical Questions > Mental Health > Anxiety and Stress Forum

24 Hours No Sleep

Must Read
Learn how doctors clinically diagnose one of twelve kinds of anxiety disorders...and which doctors you should see for an anxiety diagnosis....
Anxiety disorders can affect anyone. But do you know the common signs and symptoms of anxiety disorders? Learn more now....
Anxiety is a normal, healthy emotion when experienced during specific moments. But do you know the signs that anxiety has gotten out of control? Read more here...
I've been up for nearly 24 hours with a few shrot naps here and there. I ran out of xanax yesterday (temp prescription) and am waiting for my new prescription to start. I guess im just really worried about being up for so long. My body is fatigued but my mind wont sleep. The one time I laid down and finally got everything out of my head for 2 min I passed out (not literaly) but it seems like I just cant stop thining. I know that it is anxiety but I just cant seem to get over it. Please some one alay my fears, tell me that 24+ hours w/o sleep isnt going to hurt me.
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied September 27th, 2006
It's not, I was up 34hours yesterday.
I've been up for 56hours another time, then you really start "losing" it but it isn't dangerous. Atleastnot 24hours
|

replied September 27th, 2006
Yea init. I aint no doc or nuffin but I did many days without sleep b4, aint good for ya must admit but aint gunna serious affect ya.
|

replied September 29th, 2006
Same Here :(
Orchidsamurai, I can relate to you perfectly Sad

i've been up for 5 days until today and i'm losing it. It's so frustrating that I can't help crying or standing up and walking around the house because there's nothing else I can do.

I've been given valium and tranxilium but they do nothing. I just get sleepy but my nervous system still goes crazy (i have lots of strong nerves in my stomach, chest and throat that will stay there throughout all the day no matter what I do). I try to lay down but the anxiety gets even worse. I fear nighttime and can't stand the thought of laying in my bed, though i'm dying to get some sleep Sad

any suggestions? Any meds? Or whatever. I'm willing to try anything since i've made an appointment with some doctors but the sooner they can visit me is next week. I've already been 3 times at the er these past days and they did nothing. I'm seriously devastated and the thought of having to wait 3 days... Is unbearable.
|

User Profile
replied September 29th, 2006
Re: 24 Hours No Sleep
orchidsamurai wrote:
i've been up for nearly 24 hours with a few shrot naps here and there. I ran out of xanax yesterday (temp prescription) and am waiting for my new prescription to start. I guess im just really worried about being up for so long. My body is fatigued but my mind wont sleep. The one time I laid down and finally got everything out of my head for 2 min I passed out (not literaly) but it seems like I just cant stop thining. I know that it is anxiety but I just cant seem to get over it. Please some one alay my fears, tell me that 24+ hours w/o sleep isnt going to hurt me.

hi orchidsamurai
not 24 hr w/o sleep is much harmful for you as you tell us about. But if you are thinking continue and not able to stop and it may anxiety then you have to take some medical treatment because once on the net I have read an article on the site about the anxiety, that in the time of anxiety the emotions we feel are based on the release and reuptake of neurotransmitters in the brain, and your brain is not concentrate because you not sleep till 24 hr so you need to take some medicine or go to medical consultant because its not harmful if you are careful but if you are careless then it will very harmful for your health and career. So need to take it very seriously. And take care.
|