Medical Questions > General Forum Topics > General Q and A Forum

Possible Torn Or Pulled Stomach Muscle?

Must Read
Abdominal pain and bellyaches are common. Though most cases of abdominal pain aren't serious, sometimes you will need to see a doctor. We’ll review some of...
Abdominal pain can be uncomfortable but is very common. But when is pain in the abdomen serious? Learn how to describe your symptoms more accurately so that yo...
It's important to "know your pain" to help your doctor diagnose the reason behind abdominal pain. Read on for more tools and information about how to diagnose ...
Hope someone can help me. I don't know if I have pulled or torn a stomach muscle or if its something else. Heres the symptoms- I have severe burning or tearing feeling when I bend over or certain ways I move in my upper stomach higher than my belly button, near my ribcage. Nothing else seems to be wrong. Any ideas would be appreciated.
Did you find this post helpful?
First Helper kimmy6D8
|

User Profile
replied October 16th, 2006
Advanced Support Team
I recommend you try the "ask a doctor" feature on ehealth. I think our medical staff could help you answer this question.

Best, admin

replied May 14th, 2009
torn abdominal muscle
i have been told i have a torn muscle which happened during labour normally you could only feel a lump when lying down but a few days ago the lump has came out further and you can see it through my clothes its the size of a golf ball i have a slight pain went to my gp he said it wasn't a hernia and there was nothing i could do about it he told me to wear tight clothing should i go or a second opinion
|

replied July 27th, 2009
Preventive action is needed to avoid misery with a hernia.
Hey Candy you better be careful with that I had a hernia and it ruptured and it was horrible. Surgery to repair a strangulated hernia is a bit more complicated than having a hernia repair surgery. The pain and recovery is a bear.
After having two kids I still say the pain is the worse pain I have ever had. Trust me you need to get a second opinion!
|
Quick Reply