Medical Questions > Pregnancy Forum > Pregnancy Forum

Three Topic Post..is That Legal (!?!?)

Must Read
What happens during labor? What do contractions feel like? And how do I know that labor has begun? Read on to learn about birthing basics....
Signs of labor occur after 36 weeks of pregnancy. Learn about the difference between real and false contractions. Plus, we outline signs of delivery complicati...
Almost all women worry about the pain of childbirth. Preparing for childbirth includes thinking about how you'd like to cope with the pain of labor. Read on for...
Hi ladies:

i've got three things here, and I hope that's not terribly annoying, but I didn't want to be redundant and make three seperate posts. Complain if you'd like, and I won't do it again (!)

.Had my first midwife appt today and heard the babies heartbeat---so relieved because it took forever for her to find it and I was gettin' nervous....Isn't it crazy--i know i'm pregnant, but I think everytime the first appointment they try to hear the heartbeat I lay there thinking, ok, any moment they're going to say, so sorry, I know you thought you were pregnant but you're really not....
But all is well! I'm 11 weeks! My uterus was really low down though and that leads to question number two...

Does anyone know where to find one of those picture charts that show how high your fundus is at the various weeks? I know I had one in one of my baby books, but I loaned them all to a friend studying to be a doula and didn't get them all back...I just thought my uterus would be higher up by now, but I could be all wet.

And finally, a baby/sleep question. This is my fourth, right, and my third is 16 months, still nursing. With both my daughters, I went with the nursing on demand, nursing lying down at night, attachment parenting Dr. Sears style kind of thing. And I got: two babies that didn't sleep through the night until past 18 months, babies that had to be nursed to sleep, and therefore nursed when they woke at night, and babies that generally demanded to be nursed all the time. My 16 month old probably nurses on average every 2-3 hours--of course at this stage it's only a 2-3 minute 'quickie'. If I go away for most of a day though, and i'm not around to remind her of it, she's fine though, and goes many hours without.
I'm just so tired out now. She woke up 4-5 times last night. Usually it's at least once, often 2-3, so last night was really annoying. I was talking to my husband about it and I said to him, it's like you have two choices: nurse lying down so that you get more sleep at the beginning, but then the waking lasts many months, .O.R, get up and nurse in a chair or something, which zonks you out, but it seems like there's a better chance that baby develops better sleeping habits---like not nursing to sleep.

I .H.A.V.E to do something different this time around....What have ya'll had success with?
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied September 27th, 2006
No Replies
Well, this is rather discouraging, that there's been more than 50 views of my post and not one response?

I can understand that perhaps no one knows anything about the chart i'm looking for, but are you telling me no one has any opinions about breastfeeding? Or no one could even blandly say congrats on your first appt and hearing a heartbeat?

I have to say, I joined this forum about 6 weeks ago and make consistant posts trying to join in. I was hoping to make some new friends. Instead, I feel like the few posts people have answered to have been brief, with no overt friendliness or 'hey, welcome to the group' kind of sentiments. I see tonnes of joking and chit chatting, but my posts to those conversations are ignored.

I don't want to get any danders up, but this is how i'm feeling. Sad
and please don't attribute it to 'pregnancy hormones' or some other such nonsense. I'm a very even keeled person and really don't experience any of that.

I think i'll just wish all you ladies the best of luck in your pregnancies.
I should really be putting my time towards other things anyway.

'bye all.

Prsmama
|

User Profile
Advanced Support Team
As far as the stages and etc. You could go to
Pregnancy-info.Net or Babycenter.Com
there are a few.

About the breastfeeding I cant be of any help I had to bottle feed good luck to you
|

User Profile
Supporter
At 11 weeks I think i'm right in saying that your uterus is only just reaching above your pubic bone.. Round that area anyway, it's not very high up. I'm glad you got to hear the heartbeat, that must have put your mind at rest! Smile

i can't give you much help with your other question though, i'm pregnant with my first baby and I don't have much experience with little ones yet. I hope someone else can help you there!

Sorry I didn't reply to your post sooner by the way, i've only just checked this forum for new posts.
|

User Profile
Especially eHealthy
Maybe you should try actually giving people time to research, organize thoughts or even just be on to notice your posts. I've posted things sometimes and not gotten a response for a day or too. Seriously, you should calm down. Sometimes it simply takes time to get a response especially for serious questions that people have had no experience with. Most of the people here are good people and will answer you, but i've also noticed that the ones that usually give answers to the serious questions aren't on here everyday or come on briefly at the same time every day and could conceivably have missed your post.

I am probably not the one to ask about breastfeeding because I tried it, it didn't work out for me and my son gets formula and food now. And he sleeps all night (no exaggeration). I honestly can't think of anything else you could try. I read somewhere that breastmilk is very quickly digested and that is the reason for the frequency with which you have to nurse. When the baby gets a little older you could try expressed breastmilk mixed with a small amount of cereal in the bottle. Note I said older, not newborn. When I started giving my son cereal he was still getting breastmilk too. So I just used the cereal to slightly thicken the breastmilk and gave it to him in a bottle. He started to sleep for longer stretches.
|