Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Back Pain Forum

Lower Back & Hips Killing Me

Must Read
What structures make up the spine? We review basic spine anatomy here...before identifying potential causes of back pain....
Click here to learn about the most common causes of back pain, and things that increase your risk of backache. We cover lower back pain and upper back pain....
Back pain symptoms may seem obvious. But do you know when symptoms of back pain are more serious or when to see a doctor? Learn what action to take & when...
My lower back with top of buttocks and going around my hips with pain sometimes going down my leg? I've got these lumps in my lower back also, some the size of dimes some it seems up to a quarter size? I know I need to go to the doctor and the way it's been feeling I can't put it off much longer, but has anyone heard of this, with the knots in the lower back, I don't want to go to the doctor without a clue in my head about what could be going on. The thing is I have no insurance so the doctor visit needs to be as productive as it can. Thanks
Did you find this post helpful?
First Helper JULGEN
|

replied August 29th, 2003
Lower Back And Hip Pain
I wanted to share mystory with you. I was in a car accident in january 2002. It was a low impact crash that did not cause alot of damage to the car, but alot to my back. I had never had back problems until this. I have since learned as a result of the accident I have spondylolisthesis of l3, l4, and l5. This causes extreme pain in the low back, hips, and legs. This also results in burning and tingling in my hips and legs, and occasional knots in my back. My legs will jump for no reason, and my legs tingle and itch so bad that I have to scratch at them causing them to bleed. I have to wear a back brace and go to the chiropractor twice a week for ultrasound therapy and t-stem. This helps some, but it is getting worse. I can not bend over, and have recently started falling alot. This has changed my life drastically. My husband and kids don't understand why I can't do the things I used to do. I need someone to talk to that understands what I am going through.
|

replied September 2nd, 2003
Back Pain
Yea, bobowv my pain doesn't sound quite as bad as yours, but i'll tell ya back pain has got to be one of the worst. Since it's not an open wound that people can see they don't seem to think its as bad as it really feels. Well, I did make it to see a doctor but without insurance I ended up going to a place called jps, it's community doctors, which he said he was limited in what he could do. So he tested the reflexes on my knees, listened to my breathing and then wrote a prescription for muscle relaxers and for motrin, which I told him that the latter medication wasn't going to do much considering I was already taking more ibuprofen than he was even prescribing, he just said i'm limited in what I can do, so I went to the doctor and i'm still basically in the same place I was before I went. Your's does not sound good I do hope that your treatments at your doctors are doing good for ya, keep your chin up hopefully you'll be on the road to being as normal as your gonna get soon!
|
Quick Reply
Answers to Similar Questions
User Profile
Dr. Nikola Gjuzelov
User Profile
Sam Visnic
User Profile
Dr. Goce Aleksovski
User Profile
Dr. Andrijana Shterjovska