Medical Questions > Pregnancy Forum > Am I Pregnant Forum

Negative Pregnancy Tests

Must Read
Birth control is helpful in preventing pregnancy. Need to know more about birth control? Start here to learn more about popular methods of birth control....
You have many birth control options. Each works differently. What are the choices and what should you consider in order to help you make your decision? ...
Each method of birth control comes with risks to your health. What are the general problems you could encounter?...
Is it possible that throughout a pregnancy someone can have negative home pregnancy test results and yet still be pregnant? I'm going on 3 months since my last period. All of my home pregnancy tests have been negative. I just started getting a fluttering feeling in my lower abdomen this week. I also was lightheaded this one night last week. I'm tired frequently -- for the last couple of months. No vomiting, but I get a slight nausea once or twice a day. My waist line has grown a little.

Has anyone ever gone thru a pregnancy and never having a positive urine test? Is a blood test going to be a lot better? I can't think of anything else that would stop my periods. I'm only 26. I'm healthy. I'm not under an unusual amount of stress (not more than usual anyway).

Please give me some input because what my body is feeling and what the pregnancy tests say are confusing me.
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied September 25th, 2006
Experienced User
You should definately go see a doctor, whether you think you may be pregnant or not. If you haven't had a period in 3 months, that can be a cause for concern... Are you on birth control? If so what kind?

As for the fluttering, and the growing waistline, if you are not pregnant, it might be your mind playing tricks on you, some woman so believe that they are pregnant that they will themselves into having symptoms. Has anyone else noticed your increasing waistline?

Wishing you the best

k.
|

User Profile
Extremely eHealthy
You wouldn't be feeling movements from a fetus if you were pregnant- because if you are, you're only 3 months along. I'm almost 5 &haven't felt a thing, yet. You should definitely get to a doctor asap. Because if you aren't pregnant, you need to find out whats going on! Good luck, girl! Let us know what happens.
|

User Profile
Experienced User
A blood test would definantly be more accurate and it would be wise to get in to see the doctor. It is possible to have tests come up negative you may not be producing enough hormone to make the test do it's thing. Then on the other hand the one e-mail that you recieved she could be correct in sayin that the mind can play nasty tricks on us to make our body create the feeling of being pregnant. As for the fluttering yes it is possible in the first 3 months to feel the "buterfly" flutter feeling of an infant. Some you can't others can. Get in to see the doctor because either way if you are 3 months without a period that is not a good thing and you need to go in to find out why but if your 3 months pregnant then you need to go in to make sure all is well with you and the baby most of the time doctors want to see you within the first 6 weeks of preg. And you are past that. Good luck to you and let us know how it turns out
|

replied September 27th, 2006
Experienced User
One of my friends took pregnancy test up until a week before she delivered her baby and the test all came back negative, her doctor told her that it is possible but rare. You should just go to the doctor and have them check you out.
|

replied September 28th, 2006
Extremely eHealthy
Dont you think its time to visit a Dr. For a blood test?
|

User Profile
replied September 28th, 2006
Extremely eHealthy
Go to the doctors?
|