Medical Questions > Womens Health > Womens Conditions Forum

Clit Damage...

Must Read
Menstruation is a woman's normal monthly menstrual period. But what are the signs of abnormal periods? When is vaginal bleeding serious?...
Regular vaginal bleeding vagina is a sign of healthy menstruation. What signs and symptoms point to menstrual problems? Read on to learn the difference....
Menstrual irregularity means that something is wrong. Learn how to identify the signs and symptoms of an irregular period to prevent larger problems later...
Ok when I was younger my clit was really sensitve. It was perfect. But I think all my years of masturbating may have damaged it. I would press up really hard on the sink and it went from that to a pillow and pressing hard with my hands to a vibrator. Now I can use a vibrator but it takes forever and I just don't have the same feeling down there. When a guy goes down on me I don't feel anything. What can I do? If I stop masturbating will my clit return to normal? Masturbating is the only way I can please myself so what do I do? And for the record I am only 20.
Did you find this post helpful?
First Helper bethkamolski
|

replied September 28th, 2006
Experienced User
It sounds like you've desensitized your clit from the use of different things to masturbate with. Maybe trying to warm up so to speak by foreplay would help, or possibly not masturbating/etc as often to regain sensitivity?
|

replied September 28th, 2006
Experienced User
I heard somewhere that if your clitoris gets bruised (as in rape or something traumatic like that) it can lose some of its sensitivity. Is that true? I keep forgetting to ask my gyno, and it just doesn't seem like the kind of question you call your doctor on the phone to ask about if you're not worried about it for yourself.
|

replied February 9th, 2010
I know what you mean
I have the same problemm..
|

replied February 25th, 2010
desensitized clitoris
As an older woman, my clitoris lost feeling and I lost sexual desire. My doctor prescribed some testosterone, I rub just a little on my clitoris each day and now it's sensitive again. You'll need to consult your doctor on the amount. It might make your clitoris grow a little bigger, mine did, but it's not that noticeable and my husband likes it that way. All I know is that I can orgasm again.
|

replied April 13th, 2013
Hi bethkamolski,
I'm curious to know what testosterone cream your doctor prescribed; i'm contemplating marriage soon and would like to have this product handy. Many thanks. Smile
|

replied April 14th, 2013
Community Volunteer
Testosterone treatment are for very speciffic problems that women in menopause may face when her own testosterone levels go way down. If you are healthy and do not need it, extra testosterone will create other problems.

Testosterone is a mainly male hormone and will cause masculinization if you use it when not needed - deeper voice, male pattern baldness, male pattern hair growth (hairy hands, chest), enlarged clitoris,, aggression, weight gain, increased sweating and achne.

If you think you havea imbalance in your sex hormones (testosterone and estrogen), work with your doctor to solve it and stay safe.
|

replied September 2nd, 2014
Thanks, i'm fairly healthy but with ongoing nerve issues that cause insensitivity around that area. what will help?
|

Community Volunteer
Variety will help. Different touches (squeeze, pinch, rub, tap, press), different speed (light and slow, hard and fast), different pressure (finger tip, more fingers, palm), different places (clitoris, lips, between lips, vaginal entrance, deep in vagina, around cervix, around anus, behind, hips, thighs, breasts, areolas, nipple, neck, ears, hair, feet, toes knees or behind knees)

Some of the personal lubricants will also warm the area and make it more sensitive (look for his/her, fire/ice, warmin branded lubes).
|

replied November 16th, 2011
same here......and im only 14
|

replied December 4th, 2011
Maybe a silly answer but could you have thrush?
Women are prone to that, that stops the sensations
And makes you feel numb there with any pressure.
Could also be possibility that you are stressed or tired
So consciously your body is just not feeling it.
|

replied January 18th, 2012
same here Sad i really want to know what it feels
|

..same, really waiting for the moment of penetration and climax Wink
|

replied February 2nd, 2012
What was the name of the testosterone cream?
|

replied May 2nd, 2013
I have the same problem right now, when I masturbate I'm turned on and it feels good for a while but after a while I barely feel anything and have trouble orgasming. Although when my boyfriend does it, it feels good still, no problems. I don't know why this is. I'm 19
|

replied October 16th, 2013
Same here. Been going at it since a really young age and it seems like as the years carry on, it looses that awesome feeling you get when you orgasm. It feels like I'm damaging the skin part, though. I try not to do it as much as I used to in order to try and re-gain it's sensitivity. Plus, since I'm now in college, I can't really do it as much.. which sucks in a way; but in another way, it's a good thing for me. I'm just scared of what will happen to it in the long run.. Like the total loss of being able to orgasm, it's shape, etc. Scary... I wish there was another way to get the same pleasure w/o having all the negative effects. :/
|

replied October 17th, 2013
Community Volunteer
It is quite normal for us to have our ups and downs. Times when we get less out of sex and masturbation, and times when we cannot live without it and it pleasures us endlessly. It is even possible to observe this within our normal menstrual cycle. Some phases we are super horny and get great pleasure, other times that are just so-so.

Things that can affect your sexual appetite and the quality of your orgasms are your general health and fitness, how much you are sleeping, how you feel about your body and your relationships, stress and worry, how private you are and if you can be caught, medicines you are taking, how you are feeling about pleasuring yourself, to mention just a few.

You should start to masturbate and orgasm with more variety. Obviously your clitoris is your primary sex organ, but you should not orgasm just in one way or one position. You are also old enough to start exploring what your vagina can add to your sexual pleasure. There are all sorts of spots, g-spot, a-spot, x-spot and others that are located inside the vaginal walls. Although there are scientific consensus that most of these spots do not really exist, the fact is that most women have very sensitive spots inside their vaginas. You need to take the time to explore your vagina and discover these spots. It is not just a few minutes, but a systematic process of rubbing and pressing on ever bit of your vaginal walls. Right around, bottom to top, above and around your cervix. When you feel something, make some time in another session to explore it further.

Make sure you use a personal lubricant.

Explore if squeezing or pinching your breasts or nipples bring anything more.

Make sure you do your kegel exercises daily to tone your pelvic floor muscles.

Get a small clitoral vibrator to help you not having to rub so hard.

Do not just go for finishing. Try to keep yourself highly aroused for a bit. Get close to orgasm, then back off a bit. Do it a few times before finally pushing yourself over the edge.

Unless you totally manhandled your clitoris, it is unlikely that you did any damage. And even then, any nerve issues can reverse itself after stopping. Nerve numbness are normally reserved for women that apply a lot of force using powerful massagers like the Hitachi Magic Wand for long periods of time.

Lastly, I want to repeat - variety is the spice of life. If you do it the same way over and over, your body becomes used to doing it that way, it becomes easier to orgasm that way, but less rewarding. Use your fingers, your palms, a toy, water. Sit, stand, lay down. Keep it different.

Best of luck with college!
|
Quick Reply