Medical Questions > Lifestyle > Fitness Forum

I Want to Be Strong And Skinny At the Same Time

Must Read
Learn the basics about skin health, including risk factors, diagnosis, and treatment options. ...
Learn about risk factors to developing a skin disorder. ...
Learn about screening and diagnosis options available for various skin disorders....
User Profile
K im 5'3 and 112 pounds, I love it and im going lower... But also I have skinny arms but I want to put some muscle into it.. Not to get bigger but stronger,... I got a little fat there I could replace with muscle so if it did become muscle it wouldnt be noticeable ceptthatid be stronger..

The thing is im a vegetarian now and I eat salmon and plenty of soy milk and carbs but I still feel like im lacking nutrition without meat.. Also I take vitamins but I want to get stronger in my arms badly... I just did 30 pushups, 10 in a row then 20 in a row.. But I do want to toughen up some more I dont go to the gym that much.. I use ddr as my leg exercise and crunches/situps for tummy..

So does anyone have more suggestions for at home exercises with arms? Plus low cal foods, vitamins and proteins?
Did you find this post helpful?
First Helper juiced_grey
|

replied February 19th, 2010
retard
youre a retard. how are you a vegetarian if you eat salmon?
|

replied March 29th, 2010
Extremely eHealthy
The building blocks of musculature are Protein, calcium and vitamin C. There are a lot of supplements you could look into that claim to help your absorption but for years humans have been building their bodies on those basics. If you want a natural looking build those are the ingredients your body needs to absorb. Vitamin C is plentiful in a fruit-rich diet, Calcium and Protein are harder to aquire in needed quantities without animal flesh and product. If you are serious about increasing muscle mass you may want to re-evaluate your diet.

As far as being stronger without becoming bigger, that's not how strength works. Your muscles are a lever, greater strength comes from leverage in your muscles, that leverage requires bulk to achieve. If you want stronger arms you will have thicker more bulky arms.
|
Tags: Nutrition
Quick Reply