Medical Questions > Pregnancy Forum > Pregnancy Forum

5 Weeks Pregnant But Don't Feel Like It... (Page 1)

Must Read
What happens during labor? What do contractions feel like? And how do I know that labor has begun? Read on to learn about birthing basics....
Signs of labor occur after 36 weeks of pregnancy. Learn about the difference between real and false contractions. Plus, we outline signs of delivery complicati...
Almost all women worry about the pain of childbirth. Preparing for childbirth includes thinking about how you'd like to cope with the pain of labor. Read on for...
I am about 5 and half weeks pregnant with my second child. I remember not having hardly any morning sickness with the first and have none this time around too. I'm not tired, no morning sickness, obviously don't feel or look pregnant and am frustrated. Is it normal to not feel at all pregnant? I just want to know that the baby is okay and that others are frustrated with the lack of feeling pregnant too. Thanks!
Did you find this post helpful?
First Helper kim
|
Users who thank kim for this post: Lynne24 

replied August 20th, 2003
Same Here...
I myself am 5-6 weeks preg. I feel the same way. It frustates me that I feel nothing at all no symtomps whatsoever. Many people tell me to consider my self lucky, but I still worry. This is my second pregnancy and with my son I was always sick. I went for my first u/s at 4 weeks and the doc saw nothing..I mean nothing at all Crying or Very sad he said not to worry, that it was way to early to detect anything in my uterus because of the short time of my pregnancy. So with nothing on the u/s and with no symptoms, I think i'm going to go crazy. My next appointment is not until 3 more weeks, so until then I will be very worried.

Jakelin Sad
|

replied April 18th, 2011
I am 6 weeks and have symptoms but the doc didn't see anything on my 5 week u/s. Lots of women tell me not to worry as well but it's hard to actually believe that I'm preg. Until I can see my little one. Hang in there
|

replied April 18th, 2013
Hi all! This post is refreshing for me! I'm a first time mom and 5w/1d pg! I'm sooo excited but don't have ALOT of s/s . . although my breasts are tender at times (sometimes worse than others) and I'm a little nauseous but not throwing up. I feel very bloated and get full faster but hungry more. I still can't believe it and I feel like taking a test everyday just to make sure it hasn't changed even though it's been verified by doc through urine hcg. . .

We have our first OB appt the 24th and I'll be 6 weeks. . . I'm praying for an U/S just to get some relief of this worry. . . since I'm not having "major" symptoms I get worried!

Nice to know I'm not alone in this boat! I feel like I should be feeling more or having more symptoms!!
|

replied June 17th, 2013
hi im so glad im not the only one im 5 weeks,i have 3 kids already but cant remember at wat stage i started to feel ill,i was relly sick with them all so worrying now as im not feeling anything at all xx
|

replied October 16th, 2013
How has everything turned out for you? I'm in the same boat you were in. In the middle of my 5th week with my first doc appt on Friday...very nervous! I had symptoms about a week ago, but they have subsided a lot.
|

replied January 22nd, 2014
the same is happing with me right now. I went for a US yesterday and they saw nothing at all it makes me worry a lot, like I took 6 tests and they all said yes but hows come I don't feel different?
|

replied August 20th, 2003
Thanks For Responding
I'm glad i'm not the only one feeling like they are going crazy. I had an orientation at kaiser but it was only to fill out paperwork and go in for my first set of lab work. My first real appointment is not until sept.5 which would put me at about 7 1/2 - 8 weeks pregnant...Too soon to hear a heart beat which is going to frustrate me even more! I'm told they may do an ultrasound if they access to the machine...My luck they won't. I just want to know that there is a heartbeat and it's growing the way it should. I hate to say it but I almost wish I would have a little bit of morning sickness or feel exhausted all the time, but I don't! I guess we should consider ourselves lucky. :d heck, my boobs don't even hurt...But again they didn't during my first pregnancy either. Smile

i just found this website today so don't know too much about it. If I figure out how, let's keep in touch to see when one of us starts to feel pregnant.
|

replied June 24th, 2004
Hello - I just found out on monday that i'm six week pregnant. I have no signs of being pregnant either. I called for my first doctor's appointment, but he doesn't want to see me until i'm 9 weeks. Is that normal?
|

replied October 4th, 2011
Completely Normal!
Totally normal. Most doctors won't see you until you're 9-12 weeks along. Reason is that prior to that, there's very little that they can do or see because your baby is so tiny! My doctor won't see me until I'm 10 weeks along (currently 5w2d). It's frustrating. You could ask them if you can come in around 7 weeks for a dating ultrasound. That's what I did - just for some peace of mind. They'll probably be able to see the heartbeat and fetal pole at that time - they can usually see that at 7-8 weeks.
|

replied May 23rd, 2012
That is not normal usually, your Doctor should see you at 6 weeks, because I will be 6 weeks pregnant on June 1'st and I have an appointment with my Doctor on the 30th of May, By the 6 week of pregnancy with a vaginal ultra sound, the Doctor will be able to see the baby's heart beat. So I am not sure why your Doctor want's to wait for that long, If I were you I would have him, schedule me for the vaginal ultra sound. Good Luck and the Lord is with you...
|

replied June 24th, 2004
Ladies-

try not to worry so much!! I didn't look like I was pregnant until 5 months.. Killer morning sickness though..
Just try and calm down- im sure your baby is perfect :p
-megan
|

User Profile
replied June 24th, 2004
Extremely eHealthy
Try to remember too that all pregnancies are not the same! Hope this has helped!
Sincerely,
sandy
|

replied June 27th, 2004
Hi i'm new

i feel the same, I don't really feel pregnant. I'm around 5-6 weeks I think.
Its hard to tell because my periods were always irregular. The only symtoms I have are slight period type pains and feeling lightheaded? Are those symtoms normal??
I had a blood test to confirm my pregnancy cause I did'nt believe I was!!
|

replied July 11th, 2004
Hello ladies.Dont worry I didnt feel prenanat when I found out.No morning sickness and I didnt start to sleep alot till I was 8 weeks but it is very normal not to feel pregnant when u are in the 1st trimester .You will feel pregnant soon I didnt feel lkike I was pregnant till I was like 5 months but all pregnancys are different good lucks you gurls.
Kc
|
Users who thank KC for this post: Natee 

replied January 14th, 2005
5 Weeks Pregnant
Hello. I am now 5 weeks pregnant. I don't feel sick or even feel pregnant. I'm not that worried but just curious. I actually don't want to get sick. I just want a smooth 1st trimester transition. Anyone going through what I am?
|

replied March 31st, 2011
Im 1 day shy of 5 weeks and I dont feel pregnant at all. This is my fourth pregnancy and I want to knw that everything is okay.
|

replied April 28th, 2011
Hi jrkat1 I just wanted to know I everything was ok with you as I'm on pregnancy number 6 and I really don't feel anything apart from frequent trips to the bathroom and being bloated.. Last time I was so sick... Am worrying I'm 5weeks and two days... I want to feel sick!
Good luck everyone Smile
|

replied October 24th, 2011
Morning Sickness???
I get a slight uneasy or afternoon overly full feeling no matter if I've eatten or not, do you think this is a sort of morning sickness?
|

replied October 25th, 2011
I feel the same exact way. I am just 5 weeks and I feel uncomfortably full in the afternoon. It's not morning sickness for me, but I don't know exactly what it is.
|

replied December 11th, 2012
Hi All, I am around 6weeks pregnant but I dont feel a thing. This is my 4th pregnancy. And last time just 3years ago I had my beautiful daugther, I had hyperemesis granulate, it was extreme and I thought I was going to die. I never though, You could be so sick in pregnancy. Anyways, Now I do not have even tender breasts and I cant say It isnt worrying but I take this feeling over any 24/7 SICKNESS. So ladies we should count our selfs lucky and after all sickness or not it is all in GOD HANDS. Have faith. What ment to be it will be. God bless
|

replied May 16th, 2012
Hello

I'm 5 weeks on Saturday. No sickness and don't feel pregnant either. Breasts are slightly tender and a little tired but that is it.

Like you, i don't want to get sickness either.
|

replied May 16th, 2012
Hello

I'm 5 weeks on Saturday. No sickness and don't feel pregnant either. Breasts are slightly tender and a little tired but that is it.

Like you, i don't want to get sickness either.
|

User Profile
replied January 14th, 2005
Extremely eHealthy
I never got any sickness or anything sore or blah blah at all my whole pregnancy
|

replied January 15th, 2005
Experienced User
I was just bored and browsing through post and I noticed a bunch of yall that responded on here are new, so hi!! Start posting more!!!!!
|

Experienced User
Mom-to-be
Hi moms-to-be

i'm also at the beginning of my pregnancy and since it's an in vitro I know i'm pregnant and have done my blood tests ....I've spotted a little on and off but i'm not extremely nauseaus...I snack more salt food and naturally want more fruits and veggies.

My first signs were really bigger breats that are more sensitive and cramping without bleeding so I try to stay more calm and lie as much as possible. I have a question for you lot...What a bout sex...Can we or can't we the first trimester???

[url=http://lilypie.Com][img:fa6b2e9a0b]ht tp://lilypie.Com/days/050910/4/17/0/+1/.Pn g
|

I'm Wondering If I Am Pregnant?
Hey, well, I don't know whether i'm pregnant or not, because i've been to the doctor and the first test was negative and then I had to go back because of pains and they did a another one, then did a blood test, my question is why would they do a blood test, that I didn't understand, i'm hoping i'm pregnant but I also have to go to a gyn, to have a pelvic exam done, possible tubal pregnancy, and then go do radiology i'm kinda worried can u please help, leave me a message if u have to go in detail.
|

replied June 26th, 2006
Hello Everybody
I am new to this board also. I know how you all feel. I just found out I am pregnant. I am 5 weeks pregant I am scared to death! Reason being, last october I had what's called a blighted ovum, and then again in february I got pregnant only to find that it was also a blighted ovum. So now I am pregnant again. 5 weeks. I see my dr this week, but I am so afraid. I cannot handle a 3rd miscarriage. :oops:
|

replied April 18th, 2011
I know exactly how u feel. This is my 3rd as well. I'm scared too. Hope all goes well for u
|

replied June 27th, 2006
Extremely eHealthy
Hello, my pregnancy symptoms started kicking in at 7 weeks . Its very normal not the feel much early on. And yes, every pregnancy is different and its more likely than not if you have had no ms with your prior pregnancy you wont get it this time.
|

User Profile
replied June 27th, 2006
Supporter
Re: Mom-to-be
zelda2005 wrote:
what a bout sex...Can we or can't we the first trimester???

yes, unless your doctor says otherwise.. I had sex a lot during my first trimester without any problems.
|

replied June 27th, 2006
Experienced User
God I didnt feel pregnant untill I started feeling my baby move around 15-16 weeks...
I even questioned it at times... I wanted to keep taking preggo test just to see if I still was pregnant...Lol
it hits you eventually that .. Omg " im pregnant " and it is the most awsome feeling ever imaginable...
Congrats on your baby and zi hope all is and goes well with you and your little one...
|

User Profile
replied June 27th, 2006
Community Volunteer
Ya there were days I totally felt preggo and then certain days i'd wake up and think 'oh .God did I miscarry again??" cause I would totally not feel preggo. It's totally normal. Don;t worry!!!

Welcome ladies and good luck!!!
|

User Profile
replied June 27th, 2006
Active User, very eHealthy
Lucky...
You're all so lucky girls. I'm about 4-5 weeks preggo and man am I feeling it. My boobs are huge and hurt constantly, i'm sick almost 24 hours a day and I have to take naps in the afternoon....I would trade anything to not go through this so don't be wishing for it to much, once you get the symptoms you'll want them to go away!
|

replied June 27th, 2006
Well for me is the opposite, I feel the symptoms and I took a home test, and I came out negative... I'm also confuse about it... Why do this things got to be so complicated....
|
Quick Reply