Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Appendix and Appendicitis Forum

I Might Have a Ruptured Appendix?

Must Read
How do you know if abdominal pain is caused by appendicitis or not? First know where to locate the appendix in your body. Learn more here....
Classic symptoms of appendicitis include pain in the center of the abdomen that moves down and to the right. Learn more about signs and symptoms of appendix pr...
Understand how to diagnose appendicitis and abdominal pain correctly. Appendicitis may be the cause of your discomfort but symptoms vary. Learn more now. ...
Hi, a couple days ago I came down with a cold. My tempurature barely reached 100f the whole time. A couple days before I felt symptoms, I started feeling a pain in my lower right abdomen. The pain was very mild and localized. I could pinpoint exactly where it was, and it had stayed there the entire time. Image I made here http://img376.Imageshack.Us/my.php?image=a bdomensurfdu4.jpg

history: I am currently taking tetracycine (500mg/daily), an antibiotic, and i'm a fifteen year old male. Ibuprofen 400mg for the pain helped.

I feel the pain when I am walking, but only very dull pain. I can sit down, lay down, and move my legs around while laying down with no pain. It was made worse after I exercising a little. However, when I went to the bathroom to urinate, it was competely gone. When I did urinate though, it took me a couple of times before I got it all out. Then it came back the next day.
Occationally, the pain will go away for a while.

Normally, I would write this off as nothing that would go away, however since i'm taking antibiotics it could mask symptoms.

Researching, I literally had a panic attack from bad anxiety. I just would like to put my mind at ease until I get insurance.

Last edited by alyks on September 19th, 2006 02:48 PM; edited 1 time in total
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied September 19th, 2006
Experienced User
Go get checked out by a doctor.
|

Re: I Might Have a Ruptured Appendix?
alyks wrote:
i just would like to put my mind at ease until I get insurance.
|

Appendix
Hi-

when my appendix ruptured the pain was so bad that I had to be rushed to the hospital. It was not the type of pain that went away. I tried to lay down and take a nap hoping that it would feel better but I could actually feel the pain in my sleep....If it gets worse you should go to the emergency room. It could be very serious the doctor told my husband that it could have been life threatning if I would have waited any longer. Good luck to you and take care!

B
|

Thanks, I just wanted to put my mind at ease since i'm prone to panic attacks/bad anxiety. I will see a docter after I get insurance soon.
|