Medical Questions > Mental Health > Anxiety and Stress Forum

Are My Nerves Triggerd Mentaly Or Physicaly I Have a Problem

Must Read
GERD affects up to 20% of all American adults. But what are the characteristics of this gastro-intestinal disease? And what are some effects of GERD?...
GERD can be uncomfortable. But who is at risk of developing GERD? And what muscle is responsible for GERD? Read on for risk factors and causes of GERD here....
How do you know if you're having heartburn or a heart attack? We define symptoms of both ... plus details on when to seek help for GERD here....
I barley get any replys when I make threads but any body kind of to add there 2cents feel free.

Basically im suffering from some kind of nervous disorder that is effecting in a few ways my whole body suffers from pins and needle pains and im always anxious and jumpy and can not stay still with out hurting inside I always feel light headed and dillusional and at times speak freely of bizare things when in panic mode I also feel the need to be very defensive when im in a scared and nervous situation I feel I need to swing my way out or go in a fighting stance.My body feels like its just ready to jump my whole body feels my nerves are jumpy and if I stay still ill woble like a dead fish and in the middle of the night while falling asleep my head jumps with a nerve shock of some sought I alway sfeel the need to just jump as if I were shocked by a 1000khz volts, I also get stomach pains and my eyes hurt very often I get shortness of breath in the middle of my chest I get what seems to be pain which runs threw my arms with some kind of nerve pain and some times my chest hurts when I lay down it hurts so much I cant fall asleep.My sleeping habbits are out of control some times I cant sleep for 24 hours and I feel light headed and dont know where I am and some times I sleep at random times. I also get red rash around my face area and nose as well as terrible dry scalp.

Any one familiar with these sympthoms please reply thanks :x
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied September 19th, 2006
Experienced User
:d :d
|

replied September 21st, 2006
Experienced User
Sounds like a panci and anxiety cycle to me. Try and join a cbt group if you can. Being in mine has helped me enormously. Once you get the anxiety under control your physicla symptoms will lessen if your experience is at all like mine has been.
|

replied September 21st, 2006
Experienced User
Thanks but how about the hot flashes and muscle and nerve spasms in my neck around my left breast and behind my left shoulder
|

replied October 4th, 2006
Experienced User
No idea about the hot flashes. When I had panic I would have a prickly heat sensation run through me but I don't think that is what you are talking about.
All I can tell you is that once I got my anxiety and panic under control nearly all of my physical symptoms disappeared.
|

replied September 5th, 2010
Nervous all the time
You sound like my life story. If anything upsets me at all anymore, even a bad story on the news or a bad phone call my nerves are rattling, if I am really fearful or have anxiety about something I get instant diarreah and stomach cramps.I have no energy. If I can sleep it is in the day, I can never seem to sleep at night no matter how I try . I have tried staying awake for 2 days and going tobed at the appropriate time. Doesnt work. I have sleep apnea where I hold my breath in my cheeks. The machine makes me feel like me ears are going to expolde. I have been diagnosed with chronic fatigue syndrome and fibromyalgia, all stress related diseases. Every other ANA test they run for Lupus comes back poitive then the next negative. I wonder if thats what your facial rash might be. I am 50 years old. Feel young in my head but my body feels like I am 90. Yet nothing that is wrong with me they say will kill me. Just makes you feel like you could die.On top of thAT Ihave degenrative disks ( arthritis in my back and neck beyond repair, Gerd,Type II borderline Diabetes.I get the same electric shock
feelings in my head. When it was all at its worst my adrenal system shut down.I was admitted twice for hospital stays because of arythmias, rashes, blood pressure at stroke level, or so low that it was undetectable. I started seeing a cardiologist and a endocronologist.And a psychiatrist. They said that it was all stress related. That I had post traumatic stress disorder, and generalize anxiety disorder which had manifested to major depression. I take Max dose of Effexor daily, Busbar up to 2 times daily, Valium 10 mg as needed, Metformin, Maxide, Propanalol,Potassium, Vitamin D, Ambien, Topamax for migraines, Albuterol inhaler, Baby Asprin. I just went in and voluntarily detoxed from MS Contin ( morphine sulphate) Now I only use Norco as needed for pain, and I use it sparingly. It is worse for me say on a friday night when I want to go otu and do something with friends or might have a date. I nstantly get the shakes the stomach fires up the cramping the shaking and then the diarreah, I am shaking like a leaf, my stomach feels as if it is saying feed me.
I was scared and the reason I go ton her and looked tonight because I was wondering about cerebal palsy or MS but all of the syptoms you mentioned and I have mentioned have led straight to stress and anxiety. I was beaten mentally and physically severely by my first two husbands, my 3rd live in mentally tortured me and took everything I had. I feel like one more anything will kill me. I am afraid of feeling, putting my self back in the world, a realtionship anything but I know I cant be a hermit. It only deepens the depression. And I also have family who drive my train of depression that I have had to remove myself from. Any of this sound familiar? I am learning to kep stress and drama and gossip out of my life, people out of my life who cause me pain. I am learning to think differently and I am getting different results. I am learning to think outside of my normal comfort zone and for once learning to love me , something that I have never done. Hope this helps.
Brenda
|

Nervous all the time
You sound like my life story. If anything upsets me at all anymore, even a bad story on the news or a bad phone call my nerves are rattling, if I am really fearful or have anxiety about something I get instant diarreah and stomach cramps.I have no energy. If I can sleep it is in the day, I can never seem to sleep at night no matter how I try . I have tried staying awake for 2 days and going tobed at the appropriate time. Doesnt work. I have sleep apnea where I hold my breath in my cheeks. The machine makes me feel like me ears are going to expolde. I have been diagnosed with chronic fatigue syndrome and fibromyalgia, all stress related diseases. Every other ANA test they run for Lupus comes back poitive then the next negative. I wonder if thats what your facial rash might be. I am 50 years old. Feel young in my head but my body feels like I am 90. Yet nothing that is wrong with me they say will kill me. Just makes you feel like you could die.On top of thAT Ihave degenrative disks ( arthritis in my back and neck beyond repair, Gerd,Type II borderline Diabetes.I get the same electric shock
feelings in my head. When it was all at its worst my adrenal system shut down.I was admitted twice for hospital stays because of arythmias, rashes, blood pressure at stroke level, or so low that it was undetectable. I started seeing a cardiologist and a endocronologist.And a psychiatrist. They said that it was all stress related. That I had post traumatic stress disorder, and generalize anxiety disorder which had manifested to major depression. I take Max dose of Effexor daily, Busbar up to 2 times daily, Valium 10 mg as needed, Metformin, Maxide, Propanalol,Potassium, Vitamin D, Ambien, Topamax for migraines, Albuterol inhaler, Baby Asprin. I just went in and voluntarily detoxed from MS Contin ( morphine sulphate) Now I only use Norco as needed for pain, and I use it sparingly. It is worse for me say on a friday night when I want to go otu and do something with friends or might have a date. I nstantly get the shakes the stomach fires up the cramping the shaking and then the diarreah, I am shaking like a leaf, my stomach feels as if it is saying feed me.
I was scared and the reason I go ton her and looked tonight because I was wondering about cerebal palsy or MS but all of the syptoms you mentioned and I have mentioned have led straight to stress and anxiety. I was beaten mentally and physically severely by my first two husbands, my 3rd live in mentally tortured me and took everything I had. I feel like one more anything will kill me. I am afraid of feeling, putting my self back in the world, a realtionship anything but I know I cant be a hermit. It only deepens the depression. And I also have family who drive my train of depression that I have had to remove myself from. Any of this sound familiar? I am learning to kep stress and drama and gossip out of my life, people out of my life who cause me pain. I am learning to think differently and I am getting different results. I am learning to think outside of my normal comfort zone and for once learning to love me , something that I have never done. Hope this helps.
Brenda
|

Good job Brenda. I didn't start feeling better until I learned to take control of my thinking either. I am still a work in progress but I am countering my thoughts in the TEA form cbt exercise and my thinking is keeping a lot of my anxiety out of the way now. I think avoiding destructive people is smart too!
|

replied October 18th, 2010
Experienced User
bill27 wrote:
Good job Brenda. I didn't start feeling better until I learned to take control of my thinking either. I am still a work in progress but I am countering my thoughts in the TEA form cbt exercise and my thinking is keeping a lot of my anxiety out of the way now. I think avoiding destructive people is smart too!

Good job Bill,
The TEA for are awesome but you gotta stay with them to get their full benefit in my experience. I still use them sunny
|

replied March 25th, 2011
TEA Forms/Sam OBitz CBT book
That's awesome news to hear and I definitely plan on continuing to use the TEA forms. Have you used the other exercises in the CBT book Been there, Done that? DO THIS! by Sam Obitz. If so how often do you do them if you are still using them? Thanks in advance for your response Smile
|

replied April 12th, 2011
Experienced User
Re: TEA Forms/Sam OBitz CBT book
bill27 wrote:
That's awesome news to hear and I definitely plan on continuing to use the TEA forms. Have you used the other exercises in the CBT book Been there, Done that? DO THIS! by Sam Obitz. If so how often do you do them if you are still using them? Thanks in advance for your response Smile

I used them all when I was going through my group and got something out of all of them. But honestly all I have used the past couple of years are the TEA forms. Play with them and see which ones work for you and which don't and them drop the ones you don't need like I did lifepreserver
|

replied April 16th, 2011
Thanks and I will take your advice. Let me know if you advise doing them in any specific order for best results?
Thx.
|

replied September 11th, 2011
Experienced User
bill27 wrote:
Thanks and I will take your advice. Let me know if you advise doing them in any specific order for best results?
Thx.

I'm way late with this reply, soo sorry! I would focus on the TEA forms but use the counter exercise in the book to jumpstart you if you need to. Also the putting things back into perspective will often illuminate thoughts you may not know are there which you can counter in the TEA forms.

Hope this helps 4you
|

replied April 5th, 2012
Thanks the TEA forms have helped me so much now. I will try and add the counter but feel like I may be beyond ot now I am feeling so much better. Really appreciate your help/advice!
|

replied May 31st, 2012
Experienced User
bill27 wrote:
Thanks the TEA forms have helped me so much now. I will try and add the counter but feel like I may be beyond ot now I am feeling so much better. Really appreciate your help/advice!

It's a pleasure to help and so happy you are reaching your goals. My suggestion would be to stick with the TEA forms everyday for as long as you can (even if just for a couple of minutes a day) because those old bad thinking habits were in you for years and will try and sneak back in and take over if you don't stay on top of them for awhile. I still do them almost everyday just to be safe doctor
|

replied September 23rd, 2012
Thanks good advice and I am sticking with them to much success Smile
|