Medical Questions > Womens Health > Womens Conditions Forum

Pain In Right Side/period/ovary??

Must Read
How do you know if abdominal pain is caused by appendicitis or not? First know where to locate the appendix in your body. Learn more here....
Classic symptoms of appendicitis include pain in the center of the abdomen that moves down and to the right. Learn more about signs and symptoms of appendix pr...
Understand how to diagnose appendicitis and abdominal pain correctly. Appendicitis may be the cause of your discomfort but symptoms vary. Learn more now. ...
User Profile
Hi... For the last couple of months, i've been having pain. It got so badm that I thought it was appendiciits. But it wasn't. I think it only happens when i'm about to start my period. Then it will go away. I've only started having my period in june. I was on the depo shot before that. It just seems like about two weeks before i'm about to start, it hurts, and i'm on my period now, I started on the 14th. So if anyone has info, please let me know what I should do...

Thanks
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied September 18th, 2006
Experienced User
I forgot to say this... I had my son last july, and I had bleeding right after my son was born, and 4 mths later I got on the depo shot. And all my bleeding stopped because of the depo. And my last shot I was suppose to get it in this past may, but I never did. Then my periods came in june, and the were heavy, and clots. And there still doing this. Not as heavy as they were. But the pain comes around when my periods are suppose to start.
|

replied September 18th, 2006
Experienced User
It sounds like ovulation pain to me........On average ovulation occurs 14 days before your period begins, and for some women during this time they either feel a sharp pain or a dull throbbing pain in the lower right hand side of the abdomen.....This pain can last for a few minutes up to a few days.
|

replied November 15th, 2006
I have been having similar pains for the past 5 months but mine are at opposite times. I get the pain right after my period and a week before my period comes and during it I am virtually pain free. When I went to the doctor they asked me if the pains start around the time I ovulate and end after my period. The reason they were asking is because they thought it could be endometriosis. Endometriosis has a few other symptoms such as irregular periods and sometimes no period at all. Visit medlineplus.Com for a bunch of information on endo and other possibilities.
Feel better!
|
Tags: period
Quick Reply