Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Headache and Migraines Forum

Extreme Pressure On Right Side, Dizziness, And Temple Pain

Must Read
How can you tell if a headache is serious, or not? What types of headaches are there? Get started learning the facts about headache here....
Do you know when to seek help for headache symptoms? Learn more about symptoms of the four different types of headaches...and when to go to a doctor here....
Headaches can be caused by various medical conditions. Learn which tests doctors use to diagnose problem headaches...and who you should see to start diagnosis....
For around a week now, I have had extreme pressure on the whole right side of my head. It started with a slight cold and a pounding headache on the r. Side. It feels like my head is going to explode. It's not really pain, just horrible pressure ranging from the top right to the ears. The pain comes in the form of very localized small areas in the right temple, not super painful most of the time, just like getting poked with a pin. Sometimes the top right of my head will hurt with a more dull or burning pain. Other intermittent symptoms include numbness on right side of face, cracking or snapping sounds coming from the temple (not while moving my jaw like tmj), and pressure/pain behind the right eye and inside the right ear. I did go to the er one night and the Dr. Gave me antibiotics for fluid in my ear or sinus infection. I am going on the 4th day of taking it w/ some improvement in pressure/dizziness but not in temple pain. I am not sure I was diagnosed correctly, and I would like other people's opinions on what they think this is.

By the way i'm 21/female/no smoking, drugs or drinking/otherwise general good health. Something that may or may not be of any significance is I moved from mn (70 degrees/dry air) to fl(90 degrees and tropical humidity) just a few days before this began.
Did you find this post helpful?
First Helper backhome22
|

replied May 24th, 2007
I suffer the same pressure in a right temple for about 6 months. It started a long time ago when i first got my panic attacks. I've been treated with remeron and lorazepam after many months of suffering and feeling extremely anxiety related to stress at work lack of sleep and studying together. At that time i changed my lifestyle, my diet and added vitamins intake. As the same time i started experience difficulty with my breathing through a nose, approximately end of december. In about 2 months it's grown to a big trouble, the second big trouble that i live in canada and finding a good ENT is a challenge and long waiting list, in addition the doctor i attended did septoplasty and it didnt help, he didnt fix my spetum. In a present time i experience extreme pressure in my right temple with difficulty to breath through a right nostril, i realized that it's all related to sinusitis but here in canada it took a long time to discover it, my family did CT scan and told me that. As well i have a deviated spetum(my nose was broken one year ago), which wasn't fixed during septoplasty. And as i'm saying it causes problems. When i'm not tired and sleep well, i almost don't feel a pressure until i need to do tasks, especially it hurts at work. I have an appointment with good ENT in Toronto on 11,June(3 months waiting) and i bet he will help me out. Things which help to beat anxiety include remeron(mirtazapine), vitamins, tons of vit C, some antibiotics(amoxicilin) and vitamins and minerals under label Life.

So i think you might have a same problem and should pay an attention at your sinus, may be your nose was damaged long time ago. It can lead to very bad feelings, i had couple times emergency when i felt pressured too much and wasnt able to breath and felt apathy. As well i still not sure in my opinion, all i can add i had MRI last october and it didn't show anything but a little something(they said it is a little swelling or something) on a right temple and send me home(by neuropatologist). I'm still worrying and going to repeat MRI. If anyone ever had similar problems, don't pass this topic please.
|

replied July 20th, 2007
Behind Right Temple Pain
can anyone offer some advice, I have been having alot of ear popping which I beliee is due to where I have re located. I have just finished taking antibioitic for a sinus infection, and today I woke up with the pain behind the right temple, I wonder what this could be, I do suffer from migraines but have never had one on this side. Do you think it is just another form of a migraine?? any advice would help.
|

replied February 22nd, 2009
rigth temporal pain
i've had right temporal pain and pressure for a month now. i've had a scan, nothing found and I am on antibiotics, but everytime I wake up in the am, they pounding starts.
Sometimes it stops for hours, then it is back. I don't think the antibiotics are working. What to do??
|

replied March 30th, 2009
headache with right temple pain
My son is 18 and started having headaches with a swelling on the right side temple. his dr. sent us directly to the johns hopkins pediatric emergency room where we stayed for 12 hours. Everything came up inconclusive. that was 8 mos. ago. last night his headache was horrible and the right temple was swelled out. any suggestions. if johns hopkins is inconclusive, where do we go next.
|

replied December 30th, 2009
extreme facial pain....
I have been having extreme pain in my face for over 2 years now. The doctors keep giving me medicine for a sinus infection. But lately, for the past 3 months I have been getting them more frequently along with other symptoms. The pressure has been more on the right side of my face, eye and head. Such an intense pain that sometimes I cannot talk or move until the "spasm" leaves on its own.. sometimes lasting for more than 24 hours. No amount of asprin will make it stop. Also, the past month, I have been having "accidents". To be more specific I have urinated on myself without warning. I´m not talking about a little, I am talking about a full bladder. I don´t know if this has to do with anything, but I started to examine my body and found a faint red line going from my ankle to my knee on my inner calf...it has not gone away, I cant tell you how long its been there because I just found it a few months ago. I´m weak, tired and in a lot of pain. I´ve been in and out of doctors but no one can seem to find me an answer. I am wondering if it is because I do not have health insurance. If anyone can help me I would be very appreciative..

29 year old female...
|

replied March 17th, 2010
i have the same thing pressure on the right temple n acrackling noise in the ears mostly when i yawn some ear popping this has been going on for years..... 20 male
|

replied June 4th, 2010
pain on right side head but not a headache
I have a similar feeling.Intense pressure almost feels like my head is in a vice. Only on the right side. I take a couple of panadol and it seems to ease it for awhile. Comes and goes over a period of a few days. Sometimes I have to quickly rub my head above my ear to try to ease the pain. I don't know what this is.
|

replied July 17th, 2010
Don't worry this isn't serious(happened to me tons of times), It happens when the air pressure changes gradually but isn't equilized throughout your sinus. For temporary relief you can try leaning your head back for a few minutes however if you really want to get rid of it all you have to do is get all that mucus out of your system and allow the air to flow freely, also i'd recommend sleeping for atleast 10 hours after clearing the mucus out. If you're wondering how to get it out, just blow your nose till you can't get anything out anymore, and if you still feel as if theres some stuck inside, take a miniscule pinch(as in no more than a gram) of salt and disolve it in a cup of water. Then take a syringe and fill it with about 5ml of solution and inject the dilute salt water solution straight into both nostrils then take a deep breath(You will get some salt water into your lungs but don't worry it will have no adverse affect in these concentrations). Now just give it 5 minutes or so to disolve the mucus already in your sinus then go blow your nose again. You should be able to breath freely through both nostrils, if you cannot then you haven't gotten it all out-sometimes the mucus will dry and actually block a passage just repeat the procedure with the salt water sollution.

After your sinus is clear and you've had enough sleep to allow the pressure to equalize your headache should be gone.
|

replied August 2nd, 2010
Experienced User
Once again the sad thing is that this posting was started a few years ago, and most people are becoming aware that Wi Fi communications is the causation factor of most of these sorts of symptoms.

Anyone who uses any form of cordless phones, computers, etc., have now realised that long term usage of these Wi Fi dangerous equipment is causing such symptoms.

It comes under the heading of electro magnetic hypo-sensitivity or radio sickness or RF sickness or EMR sickness.
|

replied March 31st, 2011
A few years ago, when I was 21, I suffered from severe one-sided headache. I use singular form because it never ended. I was taking 2 500mg ibuprofen every 4 hours for weeks, and it never stopped. The entire one side of my head was very sensitive to touch. It felt like pain from too much pressure.
I was at Job Corps at the time and the clinic there diagnosed me with a ear infection. Though the only thing that wasn't hurting on that side was my ear. Got myself shipped home to see my regular doctor. Same day I got home, I was diagnosed with Temporal Artertis. An unusual diagnoses for a 21-year-old, but it proved correct. With a round of steroids, my pain was gone.
|

replied July 12th, 2011
sinus problems and pain on right side of head
go see a naturopathic or holistic doctor and get off the antibototics. they will just worsen the problem. my fiance had very much the same symptoms turns out to be caused by a fungle infection called candida hope this helps
|

replied July 13th, 2011
This is what my doctor called a CLUSTER HEADACHE which appears on one side of the face, severe pressure more than a regular headache and worse than a migraine. A cluster headache could last up to 24-72 Hours or you may suffer chronic cluster headaches which are exactly that chronic they appear over and over. My doctor put me on a calcium blocker (Verapamil) which could be used to treat them as well as (Sumatriptan) which is for those who suffer from migranes and he has also prescribed me HOME OXYGEN which 100% pure oxygen goes to your brain and relieves it almost within the hour. Cluster Headaches are the most severe type of headache in which a good doctor would know about especially if everything is normal in your MRI, or CAT scans... My doctor told me i just suffer from cluster headaches.. and from that anxiety and panic occur which is a whole other story. I hope this helps !
|

replied August 26th, 2011
Ear popping, stabbing pain in rt temple and pain when chewing
Just been googling this and found all these comments. Same thing is happening to me. On Tuesday I woke up with a terrible sore throat, came home from work, took a nyquil and went to bed. Woke up feeling like garbage and had this sharp stabbing pain in my right temple, very localized and unlike anything i have ever felt. I get a lot of migraines and headaches. So I went back to work today and again, same pain in my head now replaced with pressure and pain when i chew. also, my ears are popping and that could be from being congested and having this little cold but the head pain is scaring me a ton. not sure why the pressure that won't go away and the ear popping. feels almost like there is something stuck in my temple... should i go to the ER? Any brain stuff really scares me as my dad passed from a brain tumor.
|

replied September 17th, 2011
Pain in right temple, right side of body and right stomach area
I was at breasts last night and suddenly after eating dinner felt this pain in my right ads and right temple. It started slow at first but increased in intensity. I finally excused myself and went to get something else to eat. I thought it was the food that did it.

I went to my car and drank some water and rested to see if I could shake it off.

The ab pain subsided after 20 minutes but the right temple had an ongoing, pain. I found myself taking deeper breathes which seemed to help.

Driving back home I stopped on the way to lay down in the backseat, when I woke up an hour later, I felt better.

I went home and went straight to sleep, and this morning I feel fine.

The last time this happened to me was in college we were drinking beers and I thought it was a hangover. Anyway I am 27, male, and otherwise extremely healthy.

At one point, when I started meditating a bit in the car I could sense there was minor pain and pressure throughout the whole right side of my body.

I hope this helps the others on this thread.
|