Medical Questions > Pregnancy Forum > Pregnancy Forum

Worried About Weight

Must Read
What happens during labor? What do contractions feel like? And how do I know that labor has begun? Read on to learn about birthing basics....
Signs of labor occur after 36 weeks of pregnancy. Learn about the difference between real and false contractions. Plus, we outline signs of delivery complicati...
Almost all women worry about the pain of childbirth. Preparing for childbirth includes thinking about how you'd like to cope with the pain of labor. Read on for...
User Profile
Well so far i've put on 11.5kgs (doc said average is 12-16kgs) i'm 31 weeks so i'm assuming i'll put on about half a kilo a week from now on. Problem is I havent been putting on any weight and mum said to me last night that it looks like i've lost heaps of weight. She thinks that the baby is putting on weight and i'm losing it. I know it's really bad to lose weight while being pregnant. I'm not trying to lose weight but I have noticed i'm not eating like I normally do - ie propper 3 meals a day etc. Has anyone else lost weight?
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied September 17th, 2006
Extremely eHealthy
I lost close to 10 pounds the begining of my pregnancy due to morning sickness. It was pretty bad. I only gained 13 pounds my entire pregnancy (that was after gaining the 10 back). Don't worry, as long as the baby is growing and getting nutrients your doing fine!
|

User Profile
Supporter
Hey .Jenna, that was like my pregnancy with .Jordan! I lost 14 and gained 11(plus the 14 I lost to begin with).

Jill, I know of a girl who lost a couple pounds throughout her entire pregnancy, and her baby was fine. She was just losing the weight. If the baby is growing at a good rate and your doctor isn't concerned, I wouldn't worry.
|

User Profile
Experienced User
Thanks guys- I just got really worried - but he's still growing and kicking the crap out of my ribs so all is good!!!!
|