Medical Questions > Pregnancy Forum > Am I Pregnant Forum

Faint Positive Hpt, Am I Pregnant Or What!?!? Confused!!!!! (Page 1)

Must Read
Birth control is helpful in preventing pregnancy. Need to know more about birth control? Start here to learn more about popular methods of birth control....
You have many birth control options. Each works differently. What are the choices and what should you consider in order to help you make your decision? ...
Each method of birth control comes with risks to your health. What are the general problems you could encounter?...
I really need some advice. My husband and I have been trying to conceive for several years now with no luck. I was expecting my cycle on the 20th and I haven't gotten it yet. I have some mild cramping but no other symptoms at all, so I decided to take a hpt. I got a light pink positive next to the bright red line. I'm not sure if this means I pregnant or not. Please if you have any advice or experience with this I really need to hear it. I'm shaking, and i'm not sure if I can sleep tonight. Rolling Eyes
Did you find this post helpful?
First Helper ncamcnerney
|

replied January 24th, 2004
Experienced User
When did u take the test? Why dont u try taking another one or using a different brand remember that u need to use the first urine of the day. If u r unsatisfied with all these answers then y dont u visit ur doc im sure they could do a blood test and determine if u are or not.

R u having any other symptoms

i wish u luck and I hope u r pregnant im praying for u let us all know how it goes.

From someone who cant wait to have a jelly bean all of their own
|

Anonymous
?
I have taken a few hpt. Test's and they always say any faint line is positive
so I hope it is for you!!!
Did you get a two pack? Just wait a few days and try again and the doctors
test are quick to get!!!!
Good luck!!!
|

Good Luck...
You most likely are pregnant. It's just very early.
Those tests are not supposed to give a "false positive".
I also had a test read very faint/light pink(it was hard to see) so I tested a week later and it showed up real quick. Good luck and let us know how your doing.......Kellyjt
|

Faint Positive
I took the first test last night and then I took another this morning ( I couldn't wait) it was also a faint positive and I still haven't started my period. I have no symptoms besides some mild cramping, kind of like menstrual cramps. I'm going to wait a couple of days to retest but I also plan on visiting my doctor this week to confirm it. I'll keep all of you informed. Oh goodness i'm getting nervous! :d
|

Experienced User
Good luck!!!!!!!!!! :d
|

Experienced User
You are preggo !! If you read on the back of the box, it will tell you, as long asthere is a line even a faint line, the test is positive.. Laughing
|

replied January 25th, 2004
Experienced User
Im hoping for u let us know how u go

from someone who cant wait to have a jelly bean all of their own
|

replied January 27th, 2004
Me Too
I also tested on sunday morning and got a light positive. My nipples are very very tender, they even hurt when I walk. Had some weird stomach cramps to...What do you guys think ??? Am I ?????
|

replied January 27th, 2004
Experienced User
Yep you are. I have seen the faint line twice, and I have two beautiful children! Congrats!!!!!!! Wink
|

replied July 7th, 2004
Same Thing Here!!
Last month my period only lasted 2 days. I took a hpt and it was negative. This month I am 11 days late today and the hpt I took had a very faint positive line. Well I am a firm believer that the hpt's can give a false negative, not a false positive. I am going with it. Whether I am setting myself up for dissappointment, I don't know. But the line was there none the less. I have almost all the symptoms, and I can just feel it. I'm sure everything will work out for all of you. I'll pray for you if you pray for me.
|

replied July 8th, 2004
When I was preg. An took a test, the line came out light also, but yea most likley u are, the line mostly wouldnt of shown at all if u werent.
|

replied July 21st, 2004
Me Too!!!
When I went to a doctor and got a preg test done it came faint as well, and I was assured any positive was positive and the faintness just meant I wasn't that far along, and that's from a doctor, so I would assume it means the same for hpt's. Good luck!!!
|

replied July 21st, 2004
Congrats. You are pregnant. I was only 3 weeks pregnant when I had a feeling that I was and took not 1 but 4 tests. They all came up with barely a line...But if you weren't pregnant....You wouldn't see anything. Trust me...I asked the same questions and even went to a clinic. The doctor laughed at me and said I wasted my time coming in cause I was standing there with 3 tests in my hands all with a positive result. Laughing
|

replied November 15th, 2006
Re: Faint Positive Hpt, Am I Pregnant Or What!?!? Confused!!
sparkletots wrote:
i really need some advice. My husband and I have been trying to conceive for several years now with no luck. I was expecting my cycle on the 20th and I haven't gotten it yet. I have some mild cramping but no other symptoms at all, so I decided to take a hpt. I got a light pink positive next to the bright red line. I'm not sure if this means I pregnant or not. Please if you have any advice or experience with this I really need to hear it. I'm shaking, and i'm not sure if I can sleep tonight. Rolling Eyes

sounds like u r pregnant but just a little bit pregnant...Go in to the dr's right away and get it checked again....My friend had the same experience as you are going through this morning actually :d
|

Extremely eHealthy
Dang I hope she aint been pregnant for 2 years
|

User Profile
Extremely eHealthy
Lmao, .I hope so too!

People! Stop bringing old topics! This one is 2 years old!!!
|

Extremely eHealthy
This "guest" person needs to learn to look at dates
|

User Profile
Extremely eHealthy
Lol, that's what .I'm saying.
|