Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Headache and Migraines Forum

Headache For 5 Months! !please Help!

Must Read
How can you tell if a headache is serious, or not? What types of headaches are there? Get started learning the facts about headache here....
Do you know when to seek help for headache symptoms? Learn more about symptoms of the four different types of headaches...and when to go to a doctor here....
Headaches can be caused by various medical conditions. Learn which tests doctors use to diagnose problem headaches...and who you should see to start diagnosis....
Hi I am a 32 year old female that has had this terrible headache along with this fluttering and pain in the my neck for the past 5 months. The headache is a sharp pain that shoots across the top of my head. When it happens, it stops me dead in my tracks. The pain only lasts for a few seconds but I feel like I am gonna die! Then when I get this fluttering in the front of my neck I feel like my breathing is going to stop because it seems that I always feel it when I am inhaling. That also stops me dead in my tracks because I get lightheaded with it. I've been to the doctor several times regarding the headaches and fluttering in my neck. I had an 3 ekg's, stress test, echocardiogram, extensive blood work, urine tests and a mri on my head and everything has been coming back normal. I have not been under any unusual stress lately. My doctor is telling me that I am depressed....Is he serious? Only because he doesnt know the answer and I went to his office crying one day because of the pain in my head. I can't take the pain anymore! Ive tried migraine and tension meds but they don't help. How accurate is a mri anyways? Someone please help me out there! :o all replies welcome. :d
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied September 12th, 2006
Extremely eHealthy
Hi there! I am not a dr but have you thought about getting a second opinion? Have you had your neck checked out or possibly your sinuses?
I am not a dr but I have migranes and I use immitrex for my migranes and I take one at the onset of a migrane and a promethazine for the nauzea and sleep for a couple of hours because that is what the promethazine does to me is knocks me out and then I am good to go until the next time but we are all different. Are you light sensitive? Do you have tingling and numbness going down your arms or weakness, these are some of the questions you might get asked either about migranes or neck problems. I have had two neck fusions and I do not want anymore do to the more surgeries, the more scar tissue and the more possibility of arthritis after awhile which I already have in my back and shoulder. Plus it seems like once they fix one level then another level weekens but like I said before, we are all different.
Good luck to you!
|

replied September 12th, 2006
Thanks for the reply.
I havent had my neck checked out but that is my next step. My doctor gave me a scrip to get a ct scan done and when I went to schedule the appt. They asked me for an authorization number. When I called back to my doctor to get it the receptionist called me back to tell me that the doctor doesnt think the ct scan is necessary!... Why would he give it to me in the first place? So now I will be going there tomorrow to get the authorization.
|

User Profile
replied August 12th, 2008
Especially eHealthy
Did he think you were depressed or just tried to prescribe you with antidepressants? Antidepressants are known to relieve headaches in some cases.
|