Medical Questions > Parenting > Parenting Community Forum

I Need Advice Plz

Must Read
What is chicken pox? And what are the stages of the infection? Click here for chicken pox basics....
How does chicken pox spread? Click here for information on who is most at risk of contracting chicken pox and how children and adults get chicken pox....
What do chicken pox look like? We outline the signs and symptoms here with info on possible complications and when you should seek medical help for the pox....
Well first of me and my girlfriend are both 17 years old, grade 12 high school students. Both practically straight a student (she always has a minimum of 70% in her class and I have a minimum of 60% in certain class the rest 70%+ but we are both in university level courses), both very good kids. We've been going out for the past 4-5 years, we meet in grade 8 and started going out in grade 8. We met when I was djing the school dance (djing/music production is my choosen career). Recently we've started to engage in sex. Now she has told me that she is pregnant. First of all we havnt told our parents yet, we don't know how. She says she wants to keep the baby. What ever she decideds to do i'm going to stick with her no matter what. I just need some advice on what to do.

Plz help
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied October 13th, 2006
I think you're pretty much doing it, staying with her and supporting her is the only thing you can do right now.
|

replied February 2nd, 2007
Plz Help
My husband and I were in a similar situation about 8 years ago. Staying together and being supportive is great. I personally wrote my parents a letter telling them that I was pregnant. It seemed like it would be easier for everyone to deal with, if it wasn't in person. It went over well, they had time to think it over and calm down before we talked.
We have been together since 9th grade and did get married right before we had our first son.
Make sure that you both finish up school the best you can and go on to college if possible. Now adays you have to have it for a good job.
Let me tell you that all of this worry and stress is worth it for the end result. A healthy baby.
Now we have four and wouldn't trade them for the world. They are what's all about.
Sorry to ramble. I hope that I helped.
|