Medical Questions > Nutrition > Atkins Diet Forum

Dr. Bernsteins

Hello everybody!

I just recently signed up to this.....
However, I thought I would bring up this topic of discussion for a number of reasons.... First of all, I feel angry, hurt and scammed, and secondly, I think it would be essential to warn those who are considering joining the bernsteins' "health" and diet clinic.........

I've been a "patient" of the clinic for some time now...... And just recently I was hospitalized for incredible and unbearable stomach pains...Turned out that I hadn't passed "feces" for the last 4 weeks....... And was told that I was in extreme danger..... This was apparently a direct cause from the diet, as one isnt permitted to eat enough in order to "push" out stool.

After going back to the clinic, I was dismissed from there.... Having lost the $600 I paid in advance to be on the program. I'm absolutely furious with the way i've been treated, and i'm wondering if anyone else has had any similar experiences?
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied December 16th, 2011
The diet allows you to eat a lot of vegetables, fruits and foods from all food groups and drink lots of water to facilitate weight loss. I don't know what caused the problem you experienced. This hasn't been my experience. I also exercise while on the diet, so that helped.
|
Did you find this post helpful?