Medical Questions > Womens Health > Birth Control Forum

Getting Pregnant On Your Period

Must Read
Birth control is helpful in preventing pregnancy. Need to know more about birth control? Start here to learn more about popular methods of birth control....
You have many birth control options. Each works differently. What are the choices and what should you consider in order to help you make your decision? ...
Each method of birth control comes with risks to your health. What are the general problems you could encounter?...
User Profile
If you have unprotected sex while on your period [i'm on bc] what are the chances of pregnancy? I know there's always a chance, but aren't the chances pretty slim while you're menstruating?
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied September 11th, 2006
Experienced User
Does anyone have anything?
|

replied September 11th, 2006
Extremely eHealthy
When you are on the pill you are 99% protected from pregnancy, this includes your period as well!

Women do not ovulate while on their periods, they may ovulate very very soon after though...

That is why you take the pills, they prevent the ovulation that would happen after your period. This is the simplest way to explain it.
|

User Profile
replied September 12th, 2006
Experienced User
Well i'm also on an antibiotic so that's why I asked..
|

replied September 13th, 2006
Extremely eHealthy
Lol..Duhh to me..Sorry...

This is an odd situation, because I cannot accurately tell you ...

If you happened to ovulate the day after your period stops, the sex during your period could get you pregnant that way..

You may consider using a spermicide =)
|

replied April 19th, 2009
What are the chances of getting pregnent while on BC and have a tampond in?
|

User Profile
replied April 19th, 2009
Extremely eHealthy
The tampon doesn't do anything with protecting against pregnancy. Don't have sex with a tampon inserted.

If you've been taking your pills correctly and you've been taking it longer than a week, then the chances are fairly small.
|

replied April 19th, 2009
What are the chances of getting prgnant while on BC and having a tampond in with the guy inside of you just near the viginia?
|

User Profile
replied April 19th, 2009
Extremely eHealthy
Again, tampons don't make ANY difference-- so please stop asking about them.

If you didn't even have sex and have been taking your pills correctly then you are not pregnant.
|

replied April 19th, 2009
sorry i ment to put not inside the vigina just near it
|

User Profile
replied April 19th, 2009
Extremely eHealthy
I don't know what you mean, but it doesn't even matter if you've been taking your pills correctly.

Have you been taking your birth control pills correctly?
|

replied April 19th, 2009
Yes i have been taking my pills corretly. But what i mean is he didnt ejackulate in my vigina, it was just near it and i was on my period and had a tampond in, but i was on the end of my cycle. is there any chance i am pregnant?
|

User Profile
replied April 19th, 2009
Extremely eHealthy
No because you're on birth control pills and don't ovulate and don't have a cycle. He could have ejaculated inside you and there wouldn't even really be a chance for pregnancy.

That's the whole reason you take those daily pills! Wink
|

replied May 24th, 2011
if i had sex while i was on my period, my boyfriend used a condom and im on birth control could i get pregnant?

also another time we had sex he didnt have a condom on but he pulled out before he came, could that still get me pregnant?
|

replied October 24th, 2012
what if you just started your birth control on that period(so less than a week)? then the day after you have sex(4th day on your period), your period stops? coincidence? or pregnancy?
|