Medical Questions > Cancer > Skin Cancer Forum

Painful Mole

Must Read
Chronic pain affects more than 70 million Americans. But what is pain? And how can pain management help relieve different types of pain? Basic facts here....
How does the nervous system work to register pain? And what are the major causes of acute and chronic pain? Plus, who's at risk of pain here....
Acute and chronic pain manifest different symptoms. Learn the difference here and know when to seek medical help for pain....
I have a mole on my back which occasionally becomes really painful to be touched, and it occasionally becomes very itchy. I also noticed that the skin surrounding the mole is turning a pale whiteish color which wasnt like that before. My grandparents and great grandparents have all been treated for skin cancer several times through out their lives. The mole is very small in size and it is raised. Im not sure if I should feel like this is normal or if I should be concerned. Im young, im almost 21, im at that "invincible" stage, and also very caught up with finishing my last year of under grad. Please tell me if you feel I should be concerned or not. :?
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied August 21st, 2011
same scenario as me
I honestly have no clue. You basically described myself though w/o the family history.I'm looking for answers too: 19, mole on my neck. Recently its been paiinful to touch, sometimes itchy, changiing color just as you described. I'm going into my 2nd year of university and getting married soon, if Allah wills. Hope you and I both find answers. And btw no one is iinvincible and we will all taste death. Be sure of that.
|

same scenario as me
I honestly have no clue. You basically described myself though w/o the family history.I'm looking for answers too: 19, mole on my neck. Recently its been paiinful to touch, sometimes itchy, changiing color just as you described. I'm going into my 2nd year of university and getting married soon, if Allah wills. Hope you and I both find answers. And btw no one is iinvincible and we will all taste death. Be sure of that.
|

same scenario as myself
|