Medical Questions > Abortion > Medical Abortion Forum

How to Find a Genuine Clinic

Must Read
A D&C is a standard procedure. But it can be scary when you don't know what to expect. Learn about what happens during dilation and curettage to prepare yoursel...
Dilation and curettage, or D & C for short, is a procedure that is used to diagnose and treat a number of womens health conditions. What are some goals of a D a...
A D&C usually is free of problems, and the recovery period for the procedure is short. But knowing about possible complications can help you detect problems ea...
There are many crisis pregnancy centers which advertise falsely advertise under "abortion services". These centers do not believe in abortion at all, and give false info.

If you need a reputable clinic =)

please go to

Gynpages.Com

just click on your state and you will see lists of clinics which are recomended by the national abortion association..

Or you can ask me if you do not see a clinic near you =)
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied September 10th, 2006
Advanced Support Team
I hope that you dont mind. I made this a sticky
|

replied November 30th, 2006
For any board members in the united kingdom the following links might be of use:

>brook< if you are under 25.

>marie stopes< if you wish to go private (and thus pay for your treatment).

>nhs direct< a mine of information. Also contactable by phone: 08454647.

Plus, your local telephone directory will have your local family planning clinic listed. Ring them if you don't fancy talking to your normal doctor. They're impartial and there to help. More to the point, they deal with sexual health on an hourly basis and have seen everything before, and they mean everything.
|

replied March 28th, 2008
Does anyone know where there are reputable places in the GTA area of Ontario, Canada? I have some places bookmarked but am a little concerned that they could end up being not so nice.
|

replied March 28th, 2008
Extremely eHealthy
The clinics OWNED by "Morgentaler" are known to be VERY NICE.

I would recommend Morgentaler clinics, and I have heard a lot of good things about them.
|

replied March 29th, 2008
Extremely eHealthy
MWCLINIC Keeps you AWAKE for the abortion.

CHOICEINHEALTH says that you CAN eat before the appointment, which means that they do not offer IV sedation. You cannot before IV sedation, as it can make you nauseated.

THE WOMANS CARE CLINIC does offer IV sedation.

ALL they do is give you a local anesthetic in the cervix... THAT WILL be quite a painful abortion procedure.

My advice is not NOT use anyone who does not offer IV sedation, because it will be more painful than you would expect.

Morgentaler clinic offers good drugs, AND THEY ACCEPT ontarios health plan.
|

replied March 29th, 2008
Okay thank you, I read over those sitesbut did not realize that it would mean more pain. I will definitely go with Morgentaler clinic then. Thank you so much for your advice.
|

replied March 29th, 2008
Extremely eHealthy
I work in abortion, and I believe in giving HONEST info.

AN abortion without sedation is FAR worse than 'menstrual cramps', but I think that some clinics say that so women are not scared.

Clinics that do not offer extras are often clinics that want to see larger amounts of patients in shorter amounts of time, because IV sedation takes more care.

You won;t be asleep unless you have an abortion in a hospital, but you would be very comfortable.
|

replied March 18th, 2009
Does anyone know where there are reputable places in the tampa area in florida? I have some places bookmarked but am a little concerned that they could end up being not so nice.
|

replied December 6th, 2009
im planning to have an abortion, but it is illegal here in our country. so i cant consult a doctor about it. there are those who are selling cytotec, but im not sure if it's the real one because i've heard a lot were selling fake, which i think wont be effective in case. i dunno what to do. pls help me. i really need your help.
|