Medical Questions > Womens Health > Womens Conditions Forum

Sticky Clear Fluid Coming Out Breast

Must Read
Flu basics - what is the flu? Get started here to learn how to protect yourself....
Who is at risk of developing flu related complications? Can people die from the flu? More on risk factors here....
We answer your questions on flu symptoms here. How are cold and flu symptoms different? When should you seek medical help for flu? Plus more....
A few days ago I had severe pain in my nipples,now today I have this sticky clear fluid coming out, I think its colostrum . I did have this with other 2 other pregnancys but I havent been pregnant in 8yrs or breast fed in about 7 yrs I have takin some preg test but they were 3faint positive &1 was negative,but I havent missed period,&ive also had some weird light yellow discharge so I guess these test dont mean anything,is it normal for this stuff to come out my breast if im not preggo?
Did you find this post helpful?
First Helper dannamchone
|

replied October 11th, 2006
It is not really normal if you are experiencing the discharge without any stimulation and you are not pregnant. Sometimes the discharge could be nothing special but there could be serious causes as well.

It depends on if the discharge is coming from one or both breasts, if you have redness or tenderness around nipples or some kind of lumps.

It could be an infection, a cyst or a benign tumor within breast ducts. These could also be high levels of hormon prolactin (active when pregnant). If you are not pregnant and have high prolactin levels, there could be another reason behind these high levels that should be investigated.

All in all, I would see a doc just to be on the safe side.
|

replied January 12th, 2009
Fluid in little girl's breast
My 9 year old daughter has clear fluids coming from her breast. Can someone tell me what this is?
|

replied January 12th, 2009
Extremely eHealthy
hey this is unusual i haven't heard of this before i hope she ok but i think you need to go to the doctors with her and see what may be causing this Jenny
|

replied December 5th, 2010
breast drianage
what does it mean my 11 year old daughter is having clear sticky fluid coming from both nipples what could this mean?
|

replied December 27th, 2010
WHAT IS THIS LIQUID COMING OUT OF BREASTS
hi im 15 and i have a clear and sticky liquid coming out of my breasts when i squeeze on them.Im not pregnant i have never had sex before.What is this liquid?HELP !!!!!
|

replied December 27th, 2010
WHAT IS THIS LIQUID COMING OUT OF BREASTS
hi im 15 and i have a clear and sticky liquid coming out of my breasts when i squeeze on them.Im not pregnant i have never had sex before.What is this liquid?HELP !!!!!
|

replied March 10th, 2012
Hi im 24, 3months back i had weird symptoms, tiriedness, wen i must go to bed im having like morningsickness but no vomiting, im eatin much more these days, my breast having sometimes like clear sticky almost thick water coming out when i squeeze them, i did a pregnancy tests but neg, my times are never the same and from moodyness im startin 2 get real calm! What could this be?
|

replied October 15th, 2012
im 16 and have really bad back pains for awhile now, my breast have been to sore to even lay on them and a couple days ago my nipples started itching and burning then cloudy fluid started coming out and has for a few days now. i thought i might be pregnant but i took a test and it said negative then i started my period but the fluid is still coming out....anyone have an idea of what it might be??
|