Medical Questions > Cancer > Lung Cancer Forum

Concerned About Mass In Left Hemi Diaphragm

Must Read
Start here for facts about lung cancer. We help you understand lung anatomy and outline the different types of lung cancer that doctors diagnose....
Doctors know that smoking tobacco damages the lungs. But does smoking cause lung cancer? And are smoker more at risk of lung cancer than non-smokers? More here....
Early lung cancer symptoms can be difficult to spot. Learn how to identify signs and symptoms and know when to seek medical help for lung cancer here....
Hi,

i am a 35 year old female in good health. While having a c/t done for another reason the physicians detected a mass in my left diaphragm.

I went back for an mri. I was told they do not know what the mass is. All they could tell me is "it is non specific, solid, soft tissue mass not consistent with a cyst,fatty tumor,vascular tumor, or adrenal mass."

the mass measures 4.7cm by 1.7cm. They want me to return every 3-6 months to have mri's done. I feel I need more info because i'm very nervous.

Are there other tests I should ask about? They told me they could not do a biopsy. Why would that be?

I have had a slight discomfort in that area for around a year now. I noticed it while sleeping on that side, but thought it was a sore muscle.

If anyone could help me i'd really appreciate it. Thank you.

Jennifer
Did you find this post helpful?
|