Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Ear, Nose and Throat Disorders Forum

Tightness Behind Left Ear - Help!!

Must Read
Do you know the three main reasons we cough? Learn common causes of cough and when coughing might indicate a more serious health problem....
Coughing is normal. But what can cause more troublesome coughs? Learn more about possible causes of cough here....
When should you see a doctor about cough symptoms? When are symptoms a sign of further complications? Learn about cough symptoms basics here....
About two or more weeks ago I started noticing there was a tightness behind my left ear. It has been getting worse day by day. I feel like I have to tilt my head to the left to ease the tightness. It is very irritating and I was wondering if anyone has had this before. I went to the doctor last week, and she said that it was a strained muscle in my neck that was caused by holding the phone with my shoulder. I do that alot at work. This past week I have been trying to hold the phone in the other ear, and rubbing my neck and behind my ear, but it seems to be getting worse, not better. My coworker told me to go back and get a second opinion. It makes me feel like I am sick, or getting sick. Also, when I touch behind my ear it feels like a lump, or just really tight or swollen, and it is just on my left ear. Has anyone ever heard about this or experienced this at all???? Please respond if you do. Thank you
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied May 18th, 2005
Re: Tightness Behind Ear
I have also had a tightless behind both ears but my left ear is the worst. It's like alittle ball between my ear,just in front the tendon to the neck and just behind the lower jaw bone. It is worse when I get a cold and I do have sinus troubles due to allergies. Did you find out what yours was from yet???
|

replied May 30th, 2005
I've had that a few times in the last 2 years, doctor told me I had a ear infection and gave me anti-bac drops for my ears. It cleared up in a couple days.
|
Quick Reply
Answers to Similar Questions
User Profile
Harpreet Singh
User Profile
Harpreet Singh
User Profile
Dr. Goce Aleksovski
User Profile
Dr. Srinivas Singaram