Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Urinary and Bladder Disorders Forum

Beer And Trouble Urinating...

Must Read
One in five women will develop a UTI during her life. But what are UTIs? and what causes this type of infection?...
Why are women more at risk of developing UTI than men? Read here for more on what causes urinary tract infections and what puts you at risk of UTI....
A UTI can affect the bladder, kidney, ureters and/or the urethra. Learn which symptoms indicate urinary tract infection, complications and when to seek help....
Just last weekend I had about 4 beers. It was the first time I had any beer in a while (at least a couple of months). The next morning I found that I had to actually try to urinate. The flow would be very weak, so I would have to give it a little push.

I have noticed this problem before in the past, but it is so infrequent that I didn't think anything of it. It is just now that I had connected it with drinking beer. Although, sometimes if I hold my urine too long (to the point where I really need to go) I will also have to push.

The night after having those beer, I decided to drink what I usually drink - whiskey! I drank way more of the whiskey than would have compared to the 4 beers. The next morning I had no trouble at all with urinating.

So, my question is, has anyone ever heard of beer affecting urine flow? I had asked a few friends about this problem and I was told that it could be related to diabetes, but I am not diabetic. They said that some people's bodies can't process the sugars and other things in malt.

Any other opinions on the subject would be greatly appreciated! Thank you in advance!
Did you find this post helpful?
|