Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Digestive and Bowel Disorders Forum

Skin Tag On Anus.

Must Read
Learn the basics about skin health, including risk factors, diagnosis, and treatment options. ...
Learn about risk factors to developing a skin disorder. ...
Learn about screening and diagnosis options available for various skin disorders....
About a year ago, for a brief period of time, I noticed that my anus bled after wiping after a bowel movement. If I remember correctly, it only occurred after wiping. While the problem did not last very long and it has been at least a year since the problem cleared up, I now have, what appears to be, a skin tag on my anus.

I don't know if it was from hemorrhoids, accidently cutting myself while wiping, or what but I am afraid that this may pose problems for me when I goto meps (military entrance processing station) for a physical to determine whether I can join the army or not.

According to about.Usmilitary.Com, the following would disqualify me from joining up (in regards to my anus):

Quote:
f. Anorectal.

(1) anal fissure if persistent, or anal fistula (565).

(2) anal or rectal polyp (569.0), prolapse (569.1), stricture (569.2), or incontinence (787.6).

(3) hemorrhoids, internal or external, when large, symptomatic, or history of bleeding (455).

when the meps physician thats going to examine my anus observes a skin tag on my anus, is he automatically going to come to the conclusion that i've had a case of bleeding hemroids? Do I still have hemroids if all that I have left is a skin tag? Can a skin tag be caused by something other than a case of hemroids that bled at one point?

How can I get rid of this thing? I hesitant about visiting a doctor because I do not think that I will be able to conceal a diagnosis of hemroids which may disqualify me. Is it possible to eliminate the skin tag without surgery or a diagnosis of hemroids?
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied September 4th, 2006
Hmmm it kinda sound like a beggining of hemroids or fissure ,do you have a slight pain there when you sit down? Before the peice of skin gets thicker mabye you should get it checked by the doctor , he can get you a good medicin or a kind of rub on cream that could shrink it back how it was normaly ..Hope youll feel better after and find something good for it thats works :)
|

It doesn't hurt at all. It makes cleaning a little bit harder but other than that, it does not bother me.

Can I be completely cured of hemorrhoids?
|

Ok im well thats a good dign theres not pain, but with the hemroid cream only takes it it depends ..I know the piece of skin will definatly shrink and leave for sure, but for how long it will stay away, im not too sure,at sometimes they shrink and never return , there a different types of creams you could try like for example..Preporation h , anusol hc, or try a hemroid suppository, stool softeners like (colace, surfak) or medicated wipes called (tucks) and all these kind of medicine you can get them over the counter at any drug store and it reduces inflammation, itching, and swelling. That should help but if hemroids reture , then it would be best to maybe vistit you doctor to see if it can be removed, but most chance are that the cream should help greatly, so so try this and I am 90% it will work out :), I hope you feel reliveved and better soon :)
|