Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Skin Forum

Itching Inside Your Body (Page 1)

Must Read
Acne is a common skin condition - but what types of acne can a person have? Start learning about acne here....
Does chocolate or greasy food cause acne? Learn the difference between fact and myth...plus who is at risk for getting acne?...
Severity of acne and symptoms vary by individual. Learn the difference between mild and sever acne here...and when you should seek medical help for acne....
Hi im new. Thank you for this forum and having me. I have a problem and im not sure if it is menopause. I itch so bad inside my body that it drives me nuts. Its not on the outside at all. I feel it inside my whole body. Its awful. Anyone go though this? Im 44 this week to let you know my age.
Did you find this post helpful?
First Helper jourdemayne
|

replied November 6th, 2007
Internal Itching
Wow, it never occurred to me, age 44 now, 45 in a few days that this itching that started a few days ago, on my right side, inside my body, was from menopause. I never heard of it but along with everything else I am feeling, like constantly having PMS......emotional, agitated, etc......all that is from Menopause? Anyone that has some ideas how to treat without prescriptions would be great. Thanks!!
|

replied February 13th, 2008
internale Itching
I am also 44 and I have been having the same problem for the last few days It is inside my body through my legs, up my back and in my arms, I also have ringing ears and it seems to bother me the most when I lay down. It's not fun. I've also been have heart flutters, thumping and racing. I spoke to my Doctor and she told me that I am to young, but my body is saying I'm not. I do feel a little better after reading your posts because I had no idea what was going on.
|

replied April 15th, 2008
itsching inside the body
It's a month I am experiencing the same

I am doubtful because I don't know if is allergies since we are in allergy season or beginning of menopause since I am 48 years old
It worsens during the night when I lay down .
It 's awful
Some days I am very tired and yesterday it was the opposite
I was too energetic and hyper and the itching didn't diseapper and I couldn't sleep
I am miserable today
Excuse my English I am not american but I would like to have some medical advice
I am desesperate
|

replied July 22nd, 2012
excuse your ENGLISH?? couldn't prove it by what your typed, I have read statements from American's that you couldn't make heads nor tails of, your comment is great, My daughter just told me her left breast was itching inside, so thought I would google and see what I could come up with and am afraid not much, she has been under a lot of strain and I thought it could be her nerves, she is forty-five and of course going thru menapause, so it could be part of it.
|

replied April 16th, 2008
Extremely eHealthy
I am 44 and had the itching all of you describe. It was awful. I could not sleep as it worsened at night. I finally tried a product by Jarrow Formulas called midlife ease. It took about two weeks to make the itching completely subside but was effective within the second day of taking it - the itching was not as bad. I am now itch free. Maybe it will offer relief to you, too.
|

replied April 19th, 2008
Thank you for your advice
the itching is also a burning stomach o sides
I hope this product is not dangereous in terms of cancer
Do you know ???
|

replied May 7th, 2008
Itchy Inside
I see bye others that im not alone in this but imnot seeing any answers, Why do we itch so bad and what can be done about it, ive tried looking this one up but i can find any help on this. This itch in side my body is driving me crazy, the hot flashes i can handle but this i cant , is there ay help for this?
|

replied May 31st, 2008
Internal Itching
I also have the same problem that you all mention. I seem to have it more in my feet and legs than any where else. I am in my early 60's, but I remember having this problem off and on for many years. I also seem to have it more frequently at night than during the day.

About 2 years ago I was diagnosed with Type 2 Diabetes and since that time, the itching has seemed to have gotten worse. I have done some research on the Internet and have discovered that it is a form of Neuropathy. Which makes sense since it is inside the body and does not seem to be caused by any type of allergic reaction to anything. Neuropathy also made sense because my itching sensations frequently seems to follow a line on my foot or up my leg. I have also noticed that when I get "an itching" in one of these areas, it will come back in that same area the next time.

My "episodes" seem to occur for about 30 minutes at a time. The itching seems to start slowly and gets progressively worse and stronger and then tapers off until it finally goes away. I have also discovered that if I can put cold compresses on the area it stops the itching much faster. I have also found that taking an anti-inflammatory medicine (Tylenol, Aspirin, Ibuprofin, etc.) seems to help.

I hope my situation has possibly shed some light on what may be going on with you and that this information will at least give you some more information to talk with your doctor about.
|

replied December 13th, 2008
inside the body itching
Hey I have itching going on in the inside of my body but I can't scratch it. It started win I was a teenager and now I am in my mid 20's and I don't no what it is. It may start itching in my waist then it will move all the way to my shoulder and sometimes my back for about 15min to an hour until it stops. Wherever it starts itching it just moves and it starts anywhere in my body.
|

replied January 25th, 2009
Traveling inner body itch that never ends
I have had this itch for the past six years, it travels through my body constantly. My 55th birthday is coming soon.

I get temporary relief by taking Zyrtec or Hydroxyzine. The Hydroxyzine can only be taken in the evening because it makes me sleepy. The Zyrtec makes me exausted and I have almost all of the side effects that are listed on the label. Without the Zyrtec I literally scratch my skin until I have huge welts, and there is still no relief because the itch is not on my skin, its beneath the skin.

Since this all started, I have not been sleeping well, all my food allergies and skin allergies when tested came out negative, but I still have a reaction to wool, and my throat swells when eating certain foods.

I am going to research some of the suggestions from this site. Hopefully, I will be able to get some relief without Zyrtec and find a cure.
|

replied February 1st, 2009
Internal Itching
I have had itching such as you describe from taking Vitamin D supplements. I have found that I need to be very careful when taking supplements containing vitamin D to avoid such itching (such as calcium with Vitamin D), taking them only two or three times a week.

I hope this helps.
|

replied February 10th, 2009
Traveling Body Itch
I have been dealing with this for about 5 years now. I went to the doctor 4 years ago and (surprise) was basically dismissed. I even asked it it could be pre-menopausal. I just recently learned it is. I have been taking an allergy pill every night for the past 4 years. If I forget or stop taking them for a couple of days, it is back with a vengence. Before I took the allergy pills, I would often stay at home because I couldn't sit still without scratching. Not attractive! I must say, although I am sorry that so many suffer with this, it helps me find solace in the "sisterhood"!
|

Community Volunteer
Hi jshorns5 and welcome to ehealth... Smile...I have had a lot of the same problem and am now going to use an allergy medication...It's funny as I have had hives and never thought of using this for itching...

Take care,
Caroline
|

Itching
Hi Caroline,
The same thing made me try the allergy meds. I had gone through a few bouts of hives in my lifetime and thought...hmmmm..itching? Worth a try! I've been taking loratadine 10 mg (it's an antihistamine). It's generic OTC - I get it at Target and it's super reasonable 120 tablets for (I think) around $17.00. Small price to pay for relief Smile
|

Community Volunteer
thanks very much...We are going to Target on Thursday....Sometimes it can really get to you....Thanks again and I will cross my fingers it works...

Take care,
Caroline
|

replied March 19th, 2009
My mom needs help due to severe itching inside the body
Hello Im trying to find help for my mom she is very ill,has itching inside her body it travels to her stomache,armpits,chest,back,also very dizzy,weak cant get out of bed,she has had this for yrs but it would go away than come back but now its really bad and shes been like this for a good 2yrs.My mom is 61yrs old she went through her changes at 45,could this be from harmones,i have done everything i could, she is in and out of hospitals my dad is always rushing her to the emergency rooms,yes she had every test cat scans alot of them,pet scan,bone scan, mri,accupucture,needles in spine,neuroligists,alergists, benadryl,and of course counceling,doctor prescribed everything xanax,wellbrution,zoloft,cymbolta,ambien,e fforer,pain medicine sleeping pills,I dont know what and where to go next,NO DOCTOR SO FAR CAN FIND WHAT IS WRONG,im afraid that something bad is going to happen to her that she is in so much pain that she will give her self a heart attack,if any one out there can help me please thank you so much.dina40
|

replied October 21st, 2012
hope this helps
I have those symptoms too. Its an candida overgrowth in the gut causing her symptoms. I'm 27, I'm not a doctor just a fellow sufferer. Its treatable with change ib diet. And sometimes antibiotics. Research candida diet
|

replied March 19th, 2009
Community Volunteer
Itching
Hi Dina and welcome to ehealth: I have taken this Topic and added it to the Skin Forum...This way people will see it under this Topic as well...Itching can drive you in circles...I know, I go through this myself...Sometimes I don't know if it is something in the air or if the first time I itch a place on my body that it will then spread...The hardest thing to do is to ignore a place that itches or tickles you...

What I have done and has helped me, is to put some ice on the area that is itching badly...That seems to cool it down....It is the best help I can give you on this...

I hope your Mom finds some help with her pain....

Best wishes,
Caroline
|

replied March 19th, 2009
CarolinaEf
Hi Carolina, Thankyou for your help, My mom has tried every day ice packs than heating pads to where she burned her skin.hopefully there will be a miracle doctor or some person that knows a miracle.I would be happy to just know what it is the worse thing is not knowing.Than you say is it there, than some of her doctors tell me that she needs to see therapist.She has been there to. THankyou so much for your advice and being so nice it helps me alot to talk to someone that doesnt say its in her head.thanks Carolina keep in touch Dina
|

replied March 19th, 2009
Community Volunteer
Hi again Dina: Right now I am going to try and recall a trip to the Dermatologist that I had...I have circulation problems in my legs...Because of this I wear a stocking that keeps this moving...They would itch...They could do this so badly that I could make them bleed...I recall the doctor told me the reason for this was that the blood has iron in it and that the little vessels were taking the blood to the surface but I believe, not bringing it back down...Because of this the iron stayed at the surface and this would make my legs itch...I am only trying to repeat what "I think" was told to me...In my conversation with the doctor, I mentioned how this could send me in circles...Just about drove me crazy it itched so bad...But I used just plain ice...Would put the plain ice where it itched and this stopped it...Another thing is that heat will make it worse...I had to stop using an electric blanket as the heat raises the blood to the surface...Now please understand that these are only my words and it has been several years since I have talked with the doctor about this....However, it has really helped me....

I would never use heat....Honey, PM me anytime that you wish.....

I wish you well and send you my love....It is not in her head anymore than it is in mine and many people here....We each help one another...

Regards,
Caroline
|

User Profile
replied August 27th, 2009
Internal body itching
Hello everyone,

I am 48 now and my doctor prescribed 50,000 i.u. of vitamin D for me because my levels are so low. I take one a week. There is crazy itching going on inside my body and I really thought it was in my head until the thought occurred that maybe I need to look this up. This is new. For about 2 years the bottom of my feet itch so badly at night off and on. I don't have athlete's feet or anything like that. I will keep reading your forum because it's given me more insight and I know I am not crazy now,

GG
|