Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Stomach, Ulcers, Gastric Bypass Forum

Excruciating Hunger Pain Below Ribs Tiredness Intermittent

Must Read
Abdominal pain and bellyaches are common. Though most cases of abdominal pain aren't serious, sometimes you will need to see a doctor. We’ll review some of...
Abdominal pain can be uncomfortable but is very common. But when is pain in the abdomen serious? Learn how to describe your symptoms more accurately so that yo...
It's important to "know your pain" to help your doctor diagnose the reason behind abdominal pain. Read on for more tools and information about how to diagnose ...
For the past year I have had intermittent pain below my ribs radiating into my back and in the centre of my chest. It started when I started eating less and more healthy to lose weight. It can disappear for weeks or I can have it several times a day. At the same time I get an excruciating hunger pain as if I haven't eaten for a month. Yet this can be a couple of hours afrer eating or 30 minutes after. Food sometimes helps it go for a few minutes other times it doesn't. Also I when I get the sickly ache below my ribs and in the centre I suddenly feel very tired and sometimes a bit hot. I never get it in the night. Also if I lie down it seems to disappear. I'm awaiting results from my gallbladder scan which I should get tuesday and i'm awating a gastroscopy.

Do these symptoms seem familiar to anyone out there and if so what were you diagnosed with.

I was put on laprozole tablets for two months but it didn't make any difference.
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied September 3rd, 2006
Experienced User
That sounds like what I use to have !

I stomach ulce - peptic ulcer.

That treatment u r taking is no good. U need to be on a triple treatment which includes the medicine u r taking now plus antibiotic.
The antibiotic would be for the bacteria - pyroli.

Anyway, u really need to get your stomach checked through them cameras. I put up with them pains for 3 years !!!! Until 1 day I was passing out black colour faeces and vomiting blood which was a result from my stomach being pierced through by the ulcer !

Either way, get the camera check thing done !
|

replied September 5th, 2006
Re: Excruciating Hunger Pain Below Ribs Tiredness Intermitte
lynette71 wrote:
for the past year I have had intermittent pain below my ribs radiating into my back and in the centre of my chest. It started when I started eating less and more healthy to lose weight. It can disappear for weeks or I can have it several times a day. At the same time I get an excruciating hunger pain as if I haven't eaten for a month. Yet this can be a couple of hours afrer eating or 30 minutes after. Food sometimes helps it go for a few minutes other times it doesn't. Also I when I get the sickly ache below my ribs and in the centre I suddenly feel very tired and sometimes a bit hot. I never get it in the night. Also if I lie down it seems to disappear. I'm awaiting results from my gallbladder scan which I should get tuesday and i'm awating a gastroscopy.

Do these symptoms seem familiar to anyone out there and if so what were you diagnosed with.

I was put on laprozole tablets for two months but it didn't make any difference.

you need to talk to your Dr. It does sound like an ulcer. I've been in the hospital 3 times since last december for a perforated ulcer in my pouch. I have had and still have the same pains you are experiencing.

If you've not landed in the hospital yet. Seriously consider taking prilosec otc or any kind of acid enhibiter daily. It will help so much. I cannot stress this enough to other fellow bypass patients
|

replied May 3rd, 2011
i have like a burning feeling just under my ribs feels like my tummy it comes n goes all day and at night food n drinks dont really bother it its just there ...please does anyone one have a idea what it might be..i tryed mylant and ant acid pills i tryed gasex n milk nothing works
|