Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Mononucleosis Forum

Strep Throat Or Mono?

Must Read
Is mononucleosis bacterial or viral? Does everyone get mono at some time? How does mono spread? Basic facts and definitions about "the kissing disease". ...
Do you know what causes mono? Although children are more at risk than adults,what can you do to avoid getting sick from mono? Review risk factors here....
The symptoms of mono may not manifest for everyone who contracts the Epstein-Barr virus. But when are symptoms serious? And when should you seek medical help?...
Hi, for a couple days now the left side of my throat kills every time I swallow. &today I felt dizzy, freezing, &i just took my tempeture, its 102.6 &&i forget what its called, but the left side of my throat is swollen too? But couldn't it just be strep throat ? Im probably going to the doctors soon what do you think?
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied September 29th, 2006
Did You Have Momo?
I imagine you went to the doc several weeks ago? Did you have mono or streph throat? When I had mono, I have a really bad sore throat & then the sides of my neck were swollen & sore!

Hope you are better!

Pam
|

replied October 19th, 2006
It sounds more like strep to me. I've been dealing with both on a regular basis for the last 15 years.
|
Quick Reply