Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Headache and Migraines Forum

Dizziness/lightheadedness And Sinus Pressure

Must Read
How can you tell if a headache is serious, or not? What types of headaches are there? Get started learning the facts about headache here....
Do you know when to seek help for headache symptoms? Learn more about symptoms of the four different types of headaches...and when to go to a doctor here....
Headaches can be caused by various medical conditions. Learn which tests doctors use to diagnose problem headaches...and who you should see to start diagnosis....
In early may through late june I had occasional dizzy spells. I would feel lightheaded and woozy for hours and experience occasional moments where I felt like I would pass out. There was some nausea and my eyes hurt when exposed to light. There was no headache or pain. At the same time I had extreme fatigue, was unable to do even basic things like grocery shop because of lightheadedness and fatigue.

I had no doctor at the time. At the end of june a particularly bad episode of feeling like I was going to pass out caused me to go to the emergency room. They did blood work, a cat scan, and x-rays, and everything was normal. I was on metoprolol for high blood pressure at the time yet my bp was high (185/95) so the er doc determined my bp caused the dizziness.

The next week I went to a new gp doctor who prescribed lisinopril to replace the metoprolol for my blood pressure. I had more blood tests and am not pregnant, anemic, dehydrated, diabetic, nor do I have heart or circulation problems. With lisinopril my bp has been normal now. The fatigue/dizziness seemed to improve on its own by early july. I had only a few brief episodes of a few minutes duration through the rest of july and august.

However, the dizziness and fatigue returned earlier this week. Since tuesday I have been experiencing the same symptoms as before. I'm noticing severe sinus pressure this time, though, in my cheekbones, teeth, and between the eyes. No headache but the pressure causes a certain amount of pain.

I presume my sinuses are the problem. Tuesday I switched from nasonex to generic flonase.

What I would like is some relief from the pressure and dizziness. I've taken claritin and the generic flonase, 4-way saline moisturizing nasal spray, and tylenol, but to no effect. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. I can hardly do anything, as even watching tv or reading causes nausea and dizzy spells when I feel this way.
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied September 13th, 2006
Re: Dizziness/lightheadedness And Sinus Pressure
I read your post and recognized your symptoms to be like I had several years ago. It took a while for the Dr.'s to finally figure out what I had. They diagnosed me with cytomeglavirus which is a mono type virus. I actually finally figured it out after comparing symptoms with someone who had this virus. Some of these symptoms you never read about or hear about from Dr.'s. Dr.'s can do blood test to check for it. I thought they had previously checked me for everything! I am fine now but it took a while to get over it. I had several other symptoms from this virus. I had pressure on the top of my head, could not sleep at night, loss of appetite, nervousness, sinus pressure, almost passing out, low grade fever, stomach pain, nausea, fatigue, felt out of it, heart palpitations especially when in bed. Hope this helps!
Jackie

stacia123 wrote:
in early may through late june I had occasional dizzy spells. I would feel lightheaded and woozy for hours and experience occasional moments where I felt like I would pass out. There was some nausea and my eyes hurt when exposed to light. There was no headache or pain. At the same time I had extreme fatigue, was unable to do even basic things like grocery shop because of lightheadedness and fatigue.

I had no doctor at the time. At the end of june a particularly bad episode of feeling like I was going to pass out caused me to go to the emergency room. They did blood work, a cat scan, and x-rays, and everything was normal. I was on metoprolol for high blood pressure at the time yet my bp was high (185/95) so the er doc determined my bp caused the dizziness.

The next week I went to a new gp doctor who prescribed lisinopril to replace the metoprolol for my blood pressure. I had more blood tests and am not pregnant, anemic, dehydrated, diabetic, nor do I have heart or circulation problems. With lisinopril my bp has been normal now. The fatigue/dizziness seemed to improve on its own by early july. I had only a few brief episodes of a few minutes duration through the rest of july and august.

However, the dizziness and fatigue returned earlier this week. Since tuesday I have been experiencing the same symptoms as before. I'm noticing severe sinus pressure this time, though, in my cheekbones, teeth, and between the eyes. No headache but the pressure causes a certain amount of pain.

I presume my sinuses are the problem. Tuesday I switched from nasonex to generic flonase.

What I would like is some relief from the pressure and dizziness. I've taken claritin and the generic flonase, 4-way saline moisturizing nasal spray, and tylenol, but to no effect. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. I can hardly do anything, as even watching tv or reading causes nausea and dizzy spells when I feel this way.
|

replied November 9th, 2006
Same Problems
You said you had cytomeglavirus? What treatment did you have to get rid of it....Or does it go away on its own...And if so how long?
|

replied September 4th, 2010
Dizziness/Lightheadedness And Sinus Pressure
I have all the same symptom...I have had a MRI, EEG, CT, EKG, Chest X-Ray, Blood Work and nothing was wrong with me. I also saw a dentist and I had to get all of my wisdom teeth pulled and I found out that I have TMJ...I think that the TMJ might be the problem and I am going to the dentist again. Hope this helps!!!
|

replied December 19th, 2011
Headaches/Dizziness/Fatigue/Bacterial Infection
I have a bacterial infection that surfaced after having an abcessed tooth removed. Since that time, I have had headaches, an ackward sensation that occurs beneath the skin, lightheadedness and fatigue. My doctor has run tests including EEG, Artery test, Cat Scan, Spinal tap, etc, and no results have come about. Anyone experience these issues, and any suggestions on other questions I should ask my doc? Please let me know. Thanks.
|