Medical Questions > Mens Health > Sexual Health - Men Forum

Scar Tissue on the head of the Penis

Must Read
Talking openly about the penis is a very personal matter. Learn basic penis anatomy to discuss penile disorders accurately with your doctor....
Penis symptoms that interfere with sexual activity or urination could be serious. Learn the signs and symptoms of penis problems that require a doctor's help....
How do urologists evaluate and diagnose painful penis? A penis disorder is a medical problem. Learn more about possible diagnoses for penis disorders now....
User Profile
Hello , My question is very important to me. I have a problem when i was a kid , about 14 i masterbaited and it swelled up at the top half under the head and got some friction burns and a ring around the shaft of my penis.I've been trying to clear it up a few years now. I tried herbal stuff and nothing work's.I'm now 19 and i still got the problem. Is there anyway you can help me?

Did you find this post helpful?

User Profile
replied September 6th, 2006
Sexual Health - Men Answer A1440
According to the description you provide (friction burns, “ring”, swelling around the head and shaft of the penis), it seems that you have some kind of scar on your penis. Scar tissue can be a cosmetic/esthetic problem or it can also cause functional problems (disturbed erection, urination etc.). You can visit an urologist for discussing further therapeutic procedures.
Did you find this post helpful?
This question has been answered by the doctor. This topic is now open for public discussion, however no comments below this point will be answered by a doctor.
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Sexual Health - Men , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.