Medical Questions > Abortion > Medical Abortion Forum

Sex After Medical Abortion

Must Read
A D&C is a standard procedure. But it can be scary when you don't know what to expect. Learn about what happens during dilation and curettage to prepare yoursel...
Dilation and curettage, or D & C for short, is a procedure that is used to diagnose and treat a number of womens health conditions. What are some goals of a D a...
A D&C usually is free of problems, and the recovery period for the procedure is short. But knowing about possible complications can help you detect problems ea...
My doctor told me to wait two weeks after the medical abortion to resume intercourse. The paperwork with the medicine says one week. I'm at about four days, feeling fine, almost no more bleeding. My boyfriend is leaving for california today and we were hoping to ... Say goodbye properly. Anyone know what the potential complications are with having intercourse (using a condom of course) four days after a medical abortion?
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied August 31st, 2006
Extremely eHealthy
Many doctors vary their advice you know, some say wait 2 weeks, some say wait two days..

The doc I work for reccomends waiting 48 hours.. And of course using a condom...

Your cervix closes up after medical abortion faster than a surgical abortion, and many women do have sex 3-4 days later .

Be careful, if you feel pain or anything, just stop or take care as to what you do.
|

replied August 31st, 2006
All the information i've read says that it's very easy to get pregnant after an abortion.
I don't know how true this is, but you may want to take extra precautions.
|

replied January 10th, 2007
Am I Will Prengent?
I start period on 24 dec 06 and finish on 28th dec 06. And I have sex with boyfriend on 07 january 07.Is it will prengnent?
|
Users who thank JASWIN for this post: lagartija 

replied January 10th, 2007
Especially eHealthy
Re: Am I Will Prengent?
jaswin wrote:
i start period on 24 dec 06 and finish on 28th dec 06. And I have sex with boyfriend on 07 january 07.Is it will prengnent?

did you use any protection? Are you on the pill, or any other form of contraception?

If not, then yes, it is very possible that you are pregnant.
|