Medical Questions > Pregnancy Forum > Pregnancy Forum

I Need to Know If This Will Hurt My Baby

Must Read
What happens during labor? What do contractions feel like? And how do I know that labor has begun? Read on to learn about birthing basics....
Signs of labor occur after 36 weeks of pregnancy. Learn about the difference between real and false contractions. Plus, we outline signs of delivery complicati...
Almost all women worry about the pain of childbirth. Preparing for childbirth includes thinking about how you'd like to cope with the pain of labor. Read on for...
I am 23 weeks pregnant and this is my first child. It's a boy :d
sometimes I have trouble sleeping, I just can't get comfortable its my legs. I know the Dr. Told me it is ok to take tylenol but is it ok to take tylenol pm to help me sleep?
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied August 30th, 2006
Extremely eHealthy
Re: I Need to Know If This Will Hurt My Baby
shirley k wrote:
i am 23 weeks pregnant and this is my first child. It's a boy :d
sometimes I have trouble sleeping, I just can't get comfortable its my legs. I know the Dr. Told me it is ok to take tylenol but is it ok to take tylenol pm to help me sleep?

i dont think so..The only tylenol I was told to take is regular tylenol..You might want to ask your Dr.
|

Active User, very eHealthy
I take tylenol pm sometimes to help me sleep. My doc recommended it. She said anything thats tylenol is fine. But all docs say different things. Check in with your doc to see what he/she says.
|

Extremely eHealthy
alexa84 wrote:
i take tylenol pm sometimes to help me sleep. My doc recommended it. She said anything thats tylenol is fine. But all docs say different things. Check in with your doc to see what he/she says.

oh ok because I know tylenol cold and flu is a big no no!! I wasnt sure about the pm ones though
|

alexa84 wrote:
i take tylenol pm sometimes to help me sleep. My doc recommended it. She said anything thats tylenol is fine. But all docs say different things. Check in with your doc to see what he/she says.

that is good to know. I have an appt with her (my Dr.) on friday so I will ask but I wanted to see if any of you had the same problem. When I first found out I was pregnant they gave me a paper with the do's and don'ts of med but it says nothing about the pm they should fix that. I know we can't take anything with antahistomene (i think I spelt that wrong) but the pm doesnot have that it has acetaminophen in it. I thank you all for your advice.
|

I see you're from oregon so this would be long distance, but toronto's hospital for sick kids has a great hotline called motherisk. They'll tell you anything that's bad for baby. If you look up the hospital online, they'll connect you for sure.

~prsmama
|