Medical Questions > Mens Health > Sexual Health - Men Forum

What Age Genearaly Do Boys Begin to Notice Girls?!

Must Read
Talking openly about the penis is a very personal matter. Learn basic penis anatomy to discuss penile disorders accurately with your doctor....
Penis symptoms that interfere with sexual activity or urination could be serious. Learn the signs and symptoms of penis problems that require a doctor's help....
How do urologists evaluate and diagnose painful penis? A penis disorder is a medical problem. Learn more about possible diagnoses for penis disorders now....
I have a 9yr old soon to be 10. He still thinks girls have "cooties" if I ask him if he has a girlfriend yet(teasingly) he get's all red and yell's no and says he doesn't like anygirls. My husband says he did at this age. So should he be interested or just have a slow start?
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied August 30th, 2006
Personally I think that since he got so angry about it he probabaly does like girls and is just ashamed of it or really really embarassed since you say be believes in the 'cooties' thing, which went around in my school till I was at least 12, once he starts going through puberty thuroughly it should pass, I remember doing the same thing till I was 9, and I hit puberty when I was 8, (althrough I dont remember ever getting violent or really flustered over it, just a small tantrum) so its most likey just a slow start or an embarassment, i'd sugesst sitting down and trying to explain why the cooties thing goes around with children and its really just ment to be a stupid little game to tease and make fun of other children
|

replied August 30th, 2006
I got interested in girls at age 11.
|

replied August 31st, 2006
Experienced User
Girl Boy Thing?
Well since time begun girls and boys have started to fancy each other ide say at about 7-9 and thats my own opinion,myself had a relationship proper when I was 11 and I went with a 16 year old,there u r some kinda help,i hope.
P.S. Depends on lifestyle of parents etc.
|

replied August 31st, 2006
Experienced User
Cain
How u doin dude.....?
|

replied September 1st, 2006
Re: Cain
pauly boy wrote:
how u doin dude.....?

alright I guess, I got pneumonia, but other then that im alright
|

replied September 3rd, 2006
Experienced User
Count your blessings and start teaching him about birth control now - boys tend go through puberty a bit later than girs, I knew guys that were still afraid of cooties in high school - they turned out fine.
|

User Profile
Extremely eHealthy
I kind of haave to agree with .Cain on this one, he might feel a liitle bit embarrased talking about this and maybe he isn't ready yet. When I was nine, years ago, I would rather fight with them instead of kiss them but things have advanced since then now for some. Sometimes it helps to sit down and talk to them or see who they bring home or talk to. I am sure he is a normal 0, soon to be 10 y/o guy.
All the best!
|

Experienced User
Boys And Girls
Hi there! Well, my daughters didnt really start to like boys until the 5 or 6th grade. And my son had a g/f (as he called her) in the 3rd grade and is still "dating" her if you will call it that. My oldest daughter has already had 2 b/f's, my middle daughter has had the same b/f (who by the way is a year younger than her) for the last year. As for my son, he has been dating his g/f for the past year as well. Both my middle daughter and my son tell their sig others that they love them and have been kissed. Sooo, I guess it just depends on the child and the parents...I think for the most part some are just "late bloomers". Good luck to you!

J
|
Quick Reply