Medical Questions > Mens Health > Sexual Health - Men Forum

Should a Varicocele Hurt This Bad?

Must Read
Talking openly about the penis is a very personal matter. Learn basic penis anatomy to discuss penile disorders accurately with your doctor....
Penis symptoms that interfere with sexual activity or urination could be serious. Learn the signs and symptoms of penis problems that require a doctor's help....
How do urologists evaluate and diagnose painful penis? A penis disorder is a medical problem. Learn more about possible diagnoses for penis disorders now....
2 sundays ago I noticed a pain a testicles, it wasnt bad just a constant ache, but it got worse, so I went to the urologist on thursday and he said that it is a varicocele. I was feeling alright that day, then 3 hours later I began to experience some of the worst pain of my life. The pain felt like it was in my testicles and shooting up into my bladder. Now I am a 26 year old man and can take some pain( I have passed a kidney stone and this felt worse), but this had me lying in bed crying at some points thursday night and friday morning.
I called the urologist immediatly friday morning and I had an ultrasound done. I was in such pain that I demanded that they give me something, so they gave me some pain pills. They said the ultrasound verified that I had a varicocele and showed nothing else wrong so they sent me home and told me to come back thursday. I have spent the past 5 days now lying in bed and having trouble moving. I have been feeling ill(with no fever) and it feels the whole internal part of my reproductive system is aching along with my testicles. I recently started having trouble starting to urinate, now I must sit down to pee and it takes about a minute to start and it feels like I have to push it out. I was in such pain I called up the urologist today(tuesday) to see if they could help me and the doctor said he could either operate and remove the varicocele or that I will have to deal with it. He also mentioned he had never heard of anyone having such bad pain from one. He sortof made me feel like he thought I made up the pain to get pain medicine. He said my later symptoms (right testicle aching and trouble urinating) were due to anxiety and I was otherwise just fine. From what I have read a varicocele will cause a "dull pain" and what I experienced was anything but. He never offered any anti-inflammatory pills or antibiotics which I would think would be the first things tried before surgery. So should a varicocele hurt this bad to put me out of work and life for a week straight? I still feel really bad, not to the point I was last friday, but still very bad and I would like to know if I should get a second opinion. Thanks in advance for reading this and for any advice anybody may have.
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied November 18th, 2006
I'm in similar situation as you, how's thing going on?
|
Did you find this post helpful?