Medical Questions > Lifestyle > Fitness Forum

Red Face!

Must Read
Flu basics - what is the flu? Get started here to learn how to protect yourself....
Who is at risk of developing flu related complications? Can people die from the flu? More on risk factors here....
We answer your questions on flu symptoms here. How are cold and flu symptoms different? When should you seek medical help for flu? Plus more....
I get extremely flushed when I work out and it is embarrassing for me. I was told to drink water while working out and that might help. But I still get red. Does anybody have any advice for me? Thank you!
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied January 31st, 2004
I understand wat your going thru- I have the same problem. Although it is embarrassing, I was told there is not much I could do.. In my experience, the more times I exercise, the less obvious it is, and after going through so much trying to exercise at times when ppl wouldnt see me- like night and early morning- I discovered certain breathing techniques which, at the end of my run, would leave my face less flushed.
Anyhow I hope you dont let it get to you and watever you do- dont let it get in the way of your exercise!!! Xoxo
|

replied February 11th, 2004
Hey! I get very flushed too. Not only when I exercise- it also happens when i'm embarrassed, when i'm hot, etc. Most people with really fair skin have this problem, and it can sometimes lead to rosacea. Rutin really helps prevent this skin disorder. You can apply it topically or take pills orally. I have some in my multivitamin and I also apply it to my face before I work out. I find that this is very effective, because I don't get red as often or as bad as I used to. Hope this helps!
|
Quick Reply
Answers to Similar Questions
User Profile
Deepak Anvekar
User Profile
Deepak Anvekar
User Profile
Dr. Andrijana Shterjovska
User Profile
Dr. Madhumita Avinash Paul