Medical Questions > Pregnancy Forum > Getting Pregnant Forum

Lh Surge During Period?

Must Read
If you're experiencing difficult conceiving, you are not alone. Learn how doctors define infertility and how infertility affects both men and women here....
Many things cause fertility problems. Learn common causes of infertility for men and women here, plus info on factors that affect the ability to conceive....
Sometimes fertility do not manifest any symptoms. Other times there are definite signs. Learn to identify possible problems and know when to ask for help....
Hey all,

is it possible to have lh surge during period? Has anyone experienced this? I've been tracking bbt while ttc. On cd6 I took opk test around noon time, got smiley face :) , took opk that night, got nothing. I was on my last day of my period. Saliva test showed ferning the same day as smiley face, took it again next morning, no ferning? Cycle is short approx. 23 days, lutual about 16 days.
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied August 27th, 2006
Experienced User
I would say with a short cycle and a 16 day luteal phase that it was probably your lh surge.
|

replied August 28th, 2006
Experienced User
So does that mean that she can get pregnant during her period or a few days after? I'm not very versed in the biology behind getting pregnant, but doesn't a folicle/egg need about ten days to reach full maturity.....So if she is ovulating so early then what does that mean exactly?
|

replied August 28th, 2006
Experienced User
I honestly don't know that much about short cycles. I was just doing the basic math subtracting the luteal phase from the length of the cycle. I looked in my taking charge of your fertility book and it said the lenght of time it takes an egg to mature can vary anywhere from 8 days to over a month. If she got her lh surge she may still be 24 hours or so away from ovulation. I'm no expert either. I am still trying to figure all of this out.
|

replied August 29th, 2006
Experienced User
I was told by my sister in law, who went through infertility, that start ttc the day after your period and continue everyother day until you surge then as much as you can then a couple of days after you ovulate. See I get the cm that is supposed to be the most furtile right after my period but I have long cycles. Anywheres from 31 to 38 days. I don't know if this is true but we tried this month and I will let you know around the 10th if it worked. I got my + surge on the 27th. Last day of period was the 15th.
|
Tags: period, pregnant, TTC
Quick Reply