Medical Questions > Womens Health > Womens Conditions Forum

High Platelet Count

Must Read
Menstruation is a woman's normal monthly menstrual period. But what are the signs of abnormal periods? When is vaginal bleeding serious?...
Regular vaginal bleeding vagina is a sign of healthy menstruation. What signs and symptoms point to menstrual problems? Read on to learn the difference....
Menstrual irregularity means that something is wrong. Learn how to identify the signs and symptoms of an irregular period to prevent larger problems later...
What would make mine 534 count? I've been trying to research the internet for information, but i'm not quite sure if i'm asking the right questions! I have alot of different kinds of cancer through out my family. On both sides. (moms- dads). Also, history of migranes,also, heavy in my family. Heart problems, also both sides (again). I also checked some of the symptoms, online, I could have a couple of them, but i'm not sure. Thanx, jeanette
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied April 19th, 2005
Please See a Doctor!!
Having a platelet count of 534 puts you at risk of having blood clots. You could also be at risk for bleeding because your platelets may not clot correctly. This could be due to any number of things including malignancy, as you mentioned, or something as simple as arthritis. Have you had any injury to your spleen recently (like a car accident)? Please go see your doctor for treatment. Normal platelet counts are between 150-450, so you're not exceedingly high. I've seen people up to 1,000. Anyhow, if you are concerned you should see a doctor to alleviate any fears. I hope this helps you.
|

replied March 27th, 2009
high platelet count in 5 year old girl
What would cause a platelet count of 470 in a five year old?
|

replied April 10th, 2009
High platelets/thyroid nodule in children
Hello- I was wondering if you found out any information regarding a high platelet count? My 11 year old daughters count keeps rising also, but we don't know why. She does have a thyroid nodule that is going to be removed and tested in a few weeks. Her docs don't think the two are related. Let me know any info if you can. Good luck-
|

replied January 16th, 2012
Hello , My mother got an injury on her spleen, and removed spleen by operation, for 20days she was getting well, now we did blood test, now her platelet increased up to 951000, is there any big problem ?? like cancer or infections ?? Pls reply.
|

replied February 26th, 2012
Her spleen removes some platelets so the absence of it can cause her platelets to rise. Some people during an infection can fall victim to secondary thrombocythemia. However, this does return to normal once the infection is gone. As for cancer a bone marrow or blood test may help to confirm this.
|

replied March 7th, 2013
high thyroglobulin antibody and high platelet count
My platelet count has been between 400k and 650k in the past 5 years. My thyroglobulin antibody was also consistently high (100-400). Can someone tell me if these two results are related or not? My doctors could not come up a diagnosis for me and did not know what to do with me. I am a 58 year old female.

Constantly, I do have headaches, cold hands and feed, weakness.
|
Quick Reply
Answers to Similar Questions
User Profile
Dr. Nikola Gjuzelov
User Profile
Dr. Srinivas Singaram
User Profile
Dr. Madhumita Avinash Paul
User Profile
Dr. Ana Aleksovska