Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Heart Disease and Heart Attack Forum

Right Bundle Branch Block -is It Serious? (Page 1)

Must Read
What happens during a heart attack? Get heart attack facts here....
What causes a heart attack? Are women more likely than men to have a heart attack? We review the risk factors and causes of heart attack here....
Can you identify early signs and symptoms of a heart attack? Are women heart attack symptoms different than men? Click here to learn when to seek help....
About five years ago I went to doctor after some chest pain (more of a stitch really than pain but I went to the doctor anyway because it was persistent) and he discovered that I had a right signal bundle branch block -i'd never heard of it before. He said it isn't serious. That I should forget about it. I had been suffering from a serious chest infection prior to the complaint. Chest infection cleared up, chest pain went away, and I forgot about it. I do have a little stitch like pain in the chest from time to time but not very often and I am an obsessive weightlifter, six times a week, two hours a day, never had trouble breathing or any real chest pain apart from that niggling stitch now and then which I always thought was muscular in origin. Spoke to someone recently who said bundle block in right side can be serious and shouldn't be taken lightly. Now i'm a little worried. Have I been living in ignorance all this time? Should I be exercising so much with an rbbb? According to some website info I found it can occur normally in a lot of people and is nothing to worry about. But that sounds like famous last words to me!
Did you find this post helpful?
First Helper tjbeast
|

replied August 28th, 2006
Rbbb-right Bundle Branch Block
:) i, too, have a right bundle branch block (rbbb). I was diagnosed almost 3yrs ago with it, but only because I had other heart issues. I had a valve problem but had it repaired back then. My understanding is that a rbbb is ok to have. Many people do have it with no problems occurring. I was told not to worry also. Better to have a rbbb then a lbbb (left side). Lbbb usually means you have a diseased heart of some form, according to my research. Don't worry so much about it, just keep it monitored from time to time. Take care.
|

replied April 30th, 2012
are you a child
|

replied March 14th, 2008
does any one have right bundle branch blockage
i am a member of the armed forces and went in for a routine physical. the doctors diagnosed me with RBBB. is this a serious problem? should i reduce my physical training? is there anything special that i should do?
|

replied June 14th, 2008
I solved my right side bundle branch block
jay,
I had what you have, I went through the testing (EKG, Xray, etc), plus had a scope put into my heart to look for "disease".The doctors didn't see anything bad.

This is a disease like many others where doctors say the same thing;
1 you have it
2 we don't know why
3 we don't know what will happens
4 if it gets worse, come back, we can put in a pacemaker.

Right side block is better than left side block by the way, so you have the better of the two.

I solved mine by breathing slower, but it took a year. I know, sounds absolutely ridiculous, so here's some more info to hopefully make you think about breathing and how it really kicked my butt. It's called "hyperventillation" if you search on the internet.

Here's a test, breathe 5x in/out....in/out and see how long it takes. Then do the same thing, but after you exhale, wait to inhale until your body tells you to, like holding your breath underwater and you feel the need to breath. What happens is you breathe 12-15x per minute normally and the body only really needs to breathe 3-4x per minute (after you practice breathing very slowly). Ask yourself why you can breathe 3 times slower and have no affect. Our body is terrible at letting you know that you're overbreathing. Ask yourself if overbreathing might be bad for you. I'm 100% certain it caused my right side bundle branch block problem.

Stress and age and sometimes bad habits make people breathe faster and the human body isn't smart enough to give you good feedback to slow down your breathing. Most fast breathers raise their chests when they inhale. You have to actually make your stomach push out on the inhale while your chest lowers. See what you do.

This is something that takes a real leap of faith on your part to research and practice and do consistently. After all, it sounds ridiculous that breathing too fast is really bad for you since you don't feel anything.

I hope you research it. It'll save you alot of pain.
Good luck.

Kevin.
|

replied June 30th, 2009
Breathe more slowly to fix an benign electrical problem in your heart? Kevin, that is the dumbest thing I have ever heard, my friend.

To those that asked, I too have an IRBBB. I am an ultra-distance runner and a CrossFitter and have suffered absolutely no ill side effects. When I first found out about it I tricked myself into thinking there was a problem. I began to have "side effects" that I had never noticed before. After speaking with the doctors again and getting much reassurance, it all went away (conversion disorder at it's best). Many cardiologists feel that an IRBBB is NOT an abnormal finding and do not even mention it to patients. This information is all readily available on the internet for those willing to search for it.

To summarize, don't sweat it. If you feel something change then go back to the doc. I'm in my 20s and the only thing that has changed for me is my doc added an EKG into my yearly physical to make sure nothing changes. Some show up normal, some show the IRBBB--go figure.

No big issue, my friend. Keep plugging away physically and it will pay off in the long run. I've seen a cardiologist in my hometown and at Vanderbilt University hospital and all of them say I am in no danger. Hope this helps...

Cheers
|

replied August 26th, 2009
RBBB
The symptoms from the first posting match mine exactly. Been like that for over a year. I've been a marathon/ultra marathon runner for 25+ years. I only feel the chest when I'm sedantry. Doctor says keep on running, it's just one of those things some people have.
|

replied November 14th, 2009
Right Bundle Branch Block
I also was recently diagnosed with RBBB during a preliminary screen for a life insurance policy. I'm healthy, routinely bike, ski and run medium distances, etc. etc. Like the others my research and consultation with my own doctor indicate that, in and of itself, RBBB is not necessarily a problem, but it's worth following up with some more detailed examinations of your heart to make sure it's not an indication of a clear underlying condition.

It is, however, enough to prevent insurance companies from offering you their lowest rate. My rate is more than double what it would otherwise be, due to the RBBB.
|

replied November 16th, 2009
Right bundle branch block
I too have a stitch like pain in my shoulder tip, woke me up from a deep sleep the other night. I had an ECG (EKG)done which showed RBBB, this is new from my last ECG which was normal. Should i worry coz i'm suffering, from at times, severe pain whith this new diagnosis, or should I just ignore it??
|

replied January 10th, 2011
RBBB with MVP
I am 28 years old male, i was diagnosed with RBBB when i went to ER 3 years ago due to severe palpitation after drinking coffe... and checked through ECHO i have mitral valve prolapse and with dilated aorta.... it made me worry if this is life threatheing.... if you have mitral valve prolapse.. you can go to MVPsupport.com... forum for all with MVP...
|

User Profile
replied January 12th, 2011
RBBB...the ER always tries to admit me, why?
I am a 45 year old female, I was diagnosed with RBBB 5 years ago when I went to the ER with chest pain, when they did an EKG they found the RBBB, never heard of it before that, I do sometimes feel this fluttering sensation in my heart and it either takes my breath away or makes me cough, had this forever and atleast 2 of my 4 sisters have this "fluttering", I was admitted to the hospital and had both resting and chemical induced stress tests, ECHO, EKG's, chest X-rays and a heart cath, everything up to the heart cath showed a blockage, when I had the heart cath my heart was perfectly normal and healthy with NO BLOCKAGE, yet I still have this fluttering and RBBB, I was kept in the hospital for 4 days while they did all this testing then followed up with the cardiologist who confirmed that I was fine however, all this said, every time I go to the ER now with any issue, a pain in my side or anything they want to admit me because of the RBBB which makes me VERY hesitant to go to the ER at all, last year I was sick for 3 months with a flu like thing, didn't seek medical attention for fear of being put in the hospital, I am currently sick with kind of the same thing now, the cough is unbearable so I did break down and go at 3 am to the ER...THEY WANTED TO ADMIT ME BECAUSE OF THE RBBB...AGAIN....totally blew off the cough and pressure in my head and the fact that it has been going on for 6 weeks now, the Dr got angry when I told her I wasn't staying for the RBBB, tossed me a prescription for liquid vicodin and told me I would have to sign out AMA... which I did, funny thing is before I told her I wasn't staying I was hooked up to 3 different monitors one of which an alarm started to sound indicating that I had stopped breathing, about 5 minutes passed before anybody came to check...funny...let's freak out about RBBB...but...feel free to stop breathing. I know this is a long story but I sincerely hope someone takes the time to read it, I have become so paranoid about being admitted to the hospital that I just don't bother to seek medical attention for anything at all, I know that is a huge risk in itself but some of those tests that I mentioned earlier are extremely painful, I don't want to be put through them every time I need to see a Dr...PLEASE, if anyone out there has any advice what I can do, I would sincerely appreciate it. Thank you for taking the time to read my story, take care.
|

replied September 22nd, 2011
THis is EXACTLY what I've been going through. Pressure in the head, difficulty breathing, RBBB, etc. Have you found out anything? danvandykeATpeoplepc.com I have emphesema I found out which I believe is causing blood flow issues on the RH side of my heart which makes sense. Get a cat scan of your chest (NOT XRay) and see if they see anything. Could be a pulmonary embolism. They said I had one than said nevermind you don't which I really wonder about.
|

replied October 11th, 2011
I also have the right bundle in my heart, and have emphysema. I also get pressure in my head, to the point I can't even lay my head on anything which makes it really hard to sleep. Is this what happens to you when you are talking about pressure in your head?
|

replied May 22nd, 2011
Solution to RBBB with no medication
Rbbb; in simple terms;in a 4 cylinder car there are 4 spark plugs;current flows by a programmed cycle in these plugs to ignite the gas going into the cylinder;as you are aware it is a fast cycle;in our heart also the 4 valves work like this with a current passing inbetween.
As in the car due to some distribution defect current skips one plug and misfiring takes place it happenns in the heart also.
By regulating the breath this could be set right;indian yoga is for the body part;pranayama a breath regulatary excercise is a rythm for yoga;this breathing excercise can set the rbbb right;particularly yoga nidra;if you can not then to develope your own practice send me a mail and i will send you a proceedure;i do this as a social service to humaniyt being a pranayama teacher

|
Users who thank thedavur for this post: Dustiroads 

replied July 15th, 2011
Help
kindly send me the proceedure, I am suffering from it.

Thanks pl.
|

replied March 5th, 2014
There are several sources of information on therapeutic breathing exercises I've run into. Dr Andrew Weil has some CD's that have specific breath training many public libraries have. Jon Kabat-Zinn has also written several books dealing with and teaching breathing and mindfulness. One is called "Full Catastrophe Living." I've had an initial diagnosis of lrbbb from my GP and waiting for the stress test and nuclear medicine test. Just watched a video by Andrew Weil called spontaneous healing that is a good intro to his methods and views on medicine and healing.
|

replied September 9th, 2011
Pranayama for RBBB
Kindly send me the pranayama technique to cure RBBB as I am recently diagnosed with this.
|

replied September 15th, 2011
RBBB
Kindly send me the breathing procedure.
|

replied September 27th, 2011
Plese send me your procedure. Thank you!
|

replied September 29th, 2011
Hi, this is awesome. I am an RBBB sufferer and I am very much interested with this exercises particularly the yoga nidra you mentioned. I used to be an athlete in my very younger days and I want to again engage in some running but I am bothered by my condition. I am nom 53 yrs. old. I will be very glad to improve my health with your help. Looking forward to this one. Your help is very much appreciated.
Cheers
|

replied October 3rd, 2011
Hi thedavur, I will appreciate it very much if you can send me the exercise particularly the yoga nidra. I am an rbbb patient. Thank you.
|

replied October 16th, 2011
Hi, I have just had the RBBB diagnosis. I also have problems with Sleep Apnoea. I believe a good breathing technique would help. May I see your procedure please.
Many thanks.
|

replied October 18th, 2011
|

replied October 19th, 2011
Rbbb
Two days ago i have ECG ,finding RBBB. Iam ,39 years, very afraid .Is this serious?tell me about yoga or check with doctor.
regards
kumar
|

replied November 13th, 2011
Pl.send me the procedure.
|

replied December 5th, 2011
Hi I to was just diagnosed with RBBB and the doctor was not helpful at all. In fact he tried to set me up with anxiety medicine after me telling him I have irregular breathing and have been a "chest" breather for my entire life. (21yo)

If you could send me the procedure I would greatly appreciate it. I think I could benefit for it a lot.

Anyway thanks!
|

replied January 6th, 2012
recently diagnosed-
please send the exercises and yoga techniques
thank you
|

replied January 6th, 2012
breathing exercises and yoga techniques for rbbb
recently diagnosed-
please send the exercises and yoga techniques
thank you
|

replied January 11th, 2012
breathing/RBBB
Would you please send me the pranayama procedure for regulating breathing for RBBB?

Thank you,
|

replied January 25th, 2012
just found out about this, would be very appreciative and grateful if you where to send me the yoga nidra procedure. Namaste. Juan P.
|

replied March 1st, 2012
Please forward me your pranayana breath exercise and more on yoga nidra.

Thank you
|

replied April 19th, 2012
RBBB
Would you kindly send me your procedure I have Rbbb that I have had for many years and I have always had a shortage of breath.
|

replied May 12th, 2012
Breathing tecnique
I know this post is from a year ago but if you still check this. could you please send me the tecnique? I am 36 and just diaganosed with RBBB
|

replied May 16th, 2012
could you please send me the breathing procedure... i also suffer from this.. thank you...
|

replied June 28th, 2012
breathing technique
please send me the breathing procedure. Thank you!
|

replied July 10th, 2012
exercises for rbbb
i have just been diagnosed with RBBB please send me info about pranayama exercise and yoga nidra
|

replied July 19th, 2012
I've just been diagnosed with rbbb. Please can you send me info on your yoga techniques, thanks
|

replied July 23rd, 2012
RBBB - Breathing Procedure
HI, I am interested in the information that you have on breathing. Would you please send me the procedure?
|

replied August 13th, 2012
|

replied August 26th, 2012
Breathing technique
I am also interested in the breathing technique described for RBBB.
|

replied October 10th, 2012
RBBB
Yes sir, Iam also diagnosed with RBBB. Please send details about yoga nidra and breathing exercixe etc. It will be very help ful to me
With regards
V.Krishnamurthy
|

replied May 10th, 2013
Please send me this information.
Thank you
|

replied June 7th, 2013
Hi,
I'd like to try your suggestion: Yoga Nidra if you
can help me. Thank You,

Harrison
|

replied June 15th, 2013
thedavur, please can you send me the procedure. I too have just been diagnosed with rbbb, I a fit 41 year old martial artist but would love to follow your Yoga Nidra procedure.

Thanks in advance
|

replied July 2nd, 2013
I have RBBB and hypotension. Please send me your pranayama yoga breathing exercises - and thank you for your care.
|

replied February 14th, 2014
I hope you still can send this breathing technique out, I have just been discharged from hospital with intermittent RBBB and need to osrt myself out if possible.

Many thanks, and bless you.
|

replied July 6th, 2011
Ur Answer Raised a Hope in Me.......I too was found as RBBB........Thank You Very Much
|

replied August 15th, 2011
both my brother an i have rbbb. our doctor told us i think; don't remmeber but 20% of the u.s. has it and doesn know. I'm 15 and my brothers 7 and we're fine. (:
|

replied August 15th, 2011
both my brother an i have rbbb. our doctor told us i think; don't remmeber but 20% of the u.s. has it and doesn know. I'm 15 and my brothers 7 and we're fine. (:
|

replied September 15th, 2011
I also have Rbbb with Mitral Valve prolapse, my doc told me not to worry about it. Hey Davur sent me your program I would love to see it.
|

This post has been removed because it did not meet our Community Guidelines.

replied September 17th, 2011
Recent Incomplete RBBB
I have incomplete Right bundle branch block and intermittant heart palpitations and chest tightness,

All tests including stress, echo xray d-dimer are passed but my EKG shows 110 ms QRS pulse is usually under 60 Bradychardia and incomplete RBBB Davur please send me the proceedure for breathing too
|

I also have the right bundle in my heart, and have emphysema. I also get pressure in my head, to the point I can't even lay my head on anything which makes it really hard to sleep. Is this what happens to you when you are talking about pressure in your head?
|

|

replied November 9th, 2011
Just returned from an App with my Doc and rbbb confirmed. Been suffering with palps for years but ECG's always came back normal - until thus one. Davit I'd very much appreciate if you could send me the advice / breathing technique. Thanks. Also have a lipid count 4 times more than average 13.9 and Cholestrol at 7.9. Need to really start sorting myself out.
|
12 >>