Medical Questions > Womens Health > Sexual Health - Women Forum

Vaginal Pinworms

Must Read
Menstruation is a woman's normal monthly menstrual period. But what are the signs of abnormal periods? When is vaginal bleeding serious?...
Regular vaginal bleeding vagina is a sign of healthy menstruation. What signs and symptoms point to menstrual problems? Read on to learn the difference....
Menstrual irregularity means that something is wrong. Learn how to identify the signs and symptoms of an irregular period to prevent larger problems later...
This is so disgusting, but I have vagina pinworms. Go see a doctor, right? But here's the thing, I don't have medical insurance and I have not noticed any signs of regular pinworms, the anal kind. I have been reading everywhere, but nothing seems to say whether the regular treatment wwill kill these kind- they only say that they usually die out quick. I don't want to pay for a doctor's visit and even treatment only to find out that it won't kill these kind. I hear it's more common than most people think so maybe someone knows something? Thanks.
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied January 22nd, 2004
I went to healthserva.Com and this is what I found on treatments

fortunately, most pinworm infections are mild and easily treated. Your doctor may prescribe a single chewable tablet of a medicine called mebendazole (brand name: mebex). About 2 weeks later, a second tablet is taken. Or your doctor may recommend another kind of medicine, pyrantel (brand names: combantrin,nemocid) this is also taken in 2 doses about 2 weeks apart.

Hope this helps
|

replied January 22nd, 2004
Anonymous
?
I don't mean to be dumb but how did you get them????
If you didn't go to a doc how do you know?
And if you know this is what you got why on earth wouldn't you
want to go to a doc.Regardless of no insurance to get rid of them?
If you have no insurance can you get a goverment funded help?
I sure hope you get this taken care of
iam sorry for all the ? I have never herd of this if it was me i'd be really freaked out.
I hope you'll get help!!!
|

replied January 26th, 2004
Pinworms
There r places u can go where u dont have to pay anything to be checked. Just ask at the local hospital.
Another solution is to go to the emergrncy section of the hospital, and they will let u in and give u a prescription, then they will bill you.
When u get the bill, just dont pay it.Just ignore the bills. Ive done it several times.
Your health is more important than a giant corporation like a hospital getting a few extra dollars.
|

replied January 26th, 2004
Pinworms
I was talking with a friend of mine about this and found out that it use to be common practice for people to treat there kids every spring for this wheather or not they had it, and her mother had treater her grandson last year not because he was diagnosed with it but because he was scratching alot, and she picked the treatment up at a pharmacy over the counter it's something that you mix in a drink and take for seven days. I just figured that if we can get it over the counter in canada i'm sure that you can in the us, just ask a pharmasist.
|

replied June 4th, 2009
can pinworm prevent a woman from getting pregnant?
|
Quick Reply
Answers to Similar Questions
User Profile
Dr. Nikola Gjuzelov
User Profile
Dr. Kokil Mathur
User Profile
Dr. Madhumita Avinash Paul
User Profile
Anand J. Singh