Medical Questions > Pregnancy Forum > Pregnancy Forum

Pelvic Bone Popping Out....

Must Read
What happens during labor? What do contractions feel like? And how do I know that labor has begun? Read on to learn about birthing basics....
Signs of labor occur after 36 weeks of pregnancy. Learn about the difference between real and false contractions. Plus, we outline signs of delivery complicati...
Almost all women worry about the pain of childbirth. Preparing for childbirth includes thinking about how you'd like to cope with the pain of labor. Read on for...
User Profile
Hey, the last couple of weeks my pelvic bone keeps popping in and out of place. Has anyone else had this and will it affect labour??? Any help would be appreciated.....
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied August 21st, 2006
Experienced User
Ps- i'm 27 weeks
|

Experienced User
Hi jillie81, this is caused by the hormone relaxin ( it think its called) it is produce during pregnancy to enable the pelvis bones to make way for the baby during delivery. The down side to this hormone is that it affects every ligament in the body making your joints easy to displace, this is why doctors recommend that you stop lifting heavy weights, and stop lifting things over your head etc during pregnancy. The only advice I can give you is to take it easy so that you do not injure yourself.
|

User Profile
Especially eHealthy
Re: Pelvic Bone Popping Out....
jillie81 wrote:
hey, the last couple of weeks my pelvic bone keeps popping in and out of place. Has anyone else had this and will it affect labour??? Any help would be appreciated.....
I did. My legs kept giving out. And as the previous poster said it is caused by the hormone relaxin. There really isn't anything to do for it except to take it easy if you can. And in my situation it didn't affect my labor.
|

User Profile
Experienced User
Thanks for your help guys! I had an appointment yesterday and my ob said the same thing - unfortunately there's nothing we can do!!!! I'm glad it didnt affect your labour - I hope it doesnt affect mine!
|

replied May 24th, 2009
Pelvic bone popping
Occasionally my pelvic bone pops and sometimes loudly. It's not popping out joint but I feel I may fall. Occurs 2 to 3 times a day.

Jean
|

replied June 23rd, 2009
Pelvic pain
Third pregnancy for me. Yes, I have that problem too - had it with the other 2 pregnancies too. Just uncomfortable at times with the ligament pains and lower back but does not affect labour.
|

replied July 4th, 2009
Pelvic pain and popping
I am 37 weeks pregnant and I have been experiencing the same thing for about 3 or 5 weeks now. sometimes it hurts but sometimes it makes my pain go away for atleast a day. But it only happens to me when i am in bed. but the pelvic pain is almost constant. Is what is happening to me the same thing that you guys are going through. I know someone who actually had part of her pelvic bone shetter while giving birth so i am abvioulsy worried.
|