Medical Questions > Pregnancy Forum > Pregnancy Forum

Vaginal Mucus During Pregnancy... (Page 1)

Must Read
What happens during labor? What do contractions feel like? And how do I know that labor has begun? Read on to learn about birthing basics....
Signs of labor occur after 36 weeks of pregnancy. Learn about the difference between real and false contractions. Plus, we outline signs of delivery complicati...
Almost all women worry about the pain of childbirth. Preparing for childbirth includes thinking about how you'd like to cope with the pain of labor. Read on for...
What is typical of the texture of vaginal mucus during pregnancy? Is it sticky?Stringy?Watery?
Did you find this post helpful?
First Helper smithhm
|

replied January 20th, 2004
As gross as it may sound. It can really be all of the above. Even kind of like a glob of sorts. As long as there isnt any weird smell or coloring to it you should be fine.
|

replied January 23rd, 2004
I am 12 weeks pregant and I have alot of discharge of mucus I have never had this before as I have 2 children the youngest one is 11. I am worried as it is ordorless and eggshell in colour. But I have so much I try and flush it out while ihave a bath and I find it very gross. Is this normal?
It is large clumps of mucus not watery at all just thick.
Or do I have a problem that I should be going to the doctor about?

Worried
|

User Profile
replied January 28th, 2004
Advanced Support Team
Ladybug
Ladybug-
I wouldn't recommend trying to flush it out while in the bathtub. Bath water is sooo not clean (even if you just got into bathtub). It can lead to very harmful uterine infections. And you wouldn't want to get an infection because it could harm the baby. I wouldn't be too worried about the mucus unless it has a very strong odor. Could it be a yeast infection? You could always use an over the counter treatment like monistat. Just call your doc office and make sure it's ok with your doc. I used one while I was preg.

~sara~
|

replied March 13th, 2004
Thanks sara I will do that. As sometimes it is itchy but not very often. But I will go and get some at the drug store and see how I make out.

Thanks very much

ladybug
|

User Profile
replied March 15th, 2004
Advanced Support Team
No problemo! If it is outter vaginal area itching I reccomend using vagisil anti-itch creme. It works real well!

~sara~
|

replied March 16th, 2004
Experienced User
If I remember right (i could be wrong) on another post a while ago someone mentionded that their doc said no monistat, but just consult your own doc b4 hand. As long as there isnt a strong odor or strange color, it should be no prob. Pregnancy discharge is the worst. Alot more and the thicknes is ever changing as it can be all of the above (refering to original post)
|

replied March 27th, 2004
Experienced User
See Your Doctor, Please...
Please have your doctor check this out. Increased vaginal discharge during pregnancy is usually normal due to increased blood flow in the vaginal area. However, the only 2 times I have had problems with increased discharge, I ended up delivering my babies at 23 and 21 weeks. It was so heavy I had to wear a pad, and I felt gross. Everytime I would call the doctor, they would say not to worry, and that it was normal. You can read my story on my site if you want to know more... Anyhow, the discharge was my mucous plug, and I was leaking amniotic fluid. I don't mean to worry you, I am sure you'll be okay, just get it checked out to be on the safe side. Good luck & keep us posted~

~kate~

|

replied December 2nd, 2004
I Have Questions About Pregnancy
I am about 2 months pregnant and I have been having vaginal discharge. Is this okay? I am only 16 and this is the first time being pregnant.

Marlana
|

Extremely eHealthy
I had a lot of discharge during both pregnancies. It's perfectly normal.
|

Ok
Ok I was worried. I am really scared because in about 4 days I have to go see an obgyn and get a pap exam and pelvic exam. I ahve never had one before.
|

Extremely eHealthy
Don't worry. It will be uncomfortable, but it shouldn't hurt. Just try to relax, and not tense up. The doctor will probably talk to you to try to help you relax. Congratulations on your pregnancy. Is daddy going to help you?
|

Its Me the 16 Year Old to 12at24
Yes the daddy is going to hellp we live together and he is very hapy and very supportive. Please write back
marlana
|

Extremely eHealthy
That's wonderful. You'll need all his love and support.
|

replied May 31st, 2006
I Have a Question About Mucus Discharge During Pregnancy
Everyone is saying if there is a color or smell to be worried. Why is that? I am 25 weeks along (my first pregnancy) and I have had a fluid discharge along with the clumping. I just recently started cramping. My doctor did a non-stress test on me and said everything looked ok. I have tried everything with the cramping, including drinking water and laying on my left side. The thing that has worked best to keep the cramping away is laying flat on my back but then I get short of breath. I have had some coloration and smell to my mucus clumps and the doctor checked me for infection and nothing showed. What else could it be?
|

User Profile
replied May 31st, 2006
Especially eHealthy
I have no idea but I would say that if I were you I would get another doctor and find out what is really going on.
|

replied June 1st, 2006
Experienced User
You can take bath while pregnat just not when you loose your plug this is my 4th pregnacy..And women tend to have more mucus if you have a pregnacy book that your doc gave you read it and it tells you things...

Mary
|

replied February 6th, 2009
No.........that is not normal. Unless the cat goes into labor within 24 to 36 hours it is a definitive sign of pyometria, which is a potentially fatal uterine infection that is common in cats. Other symptoms to look for include an odor, lethargy, and not eating. So it would be best to get her to the vet ASAP.

|

replied March 7th, 2009
I dont mean to sound gross or nasty but i am 18 wks along and have been all of a suden discharging a light green, snot like substance and I am very worried something is wrong. I know about the mucus plug and I am wondering if it is from that as this is my first pregnancy. If anybody knows what it could be please let me know! Thank you!!!
|

replied March 7th, 2009
It shouldn't be green. I'd go and get that checked out if I were you. Call your midwife and explain about it and just tell them you are a bit concerned and want to put your mind at ease they will be happy to help and you won't have to worry about it.
|
12 >>
Quick Reply