Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Sexually Transmitted Diseases Forum

Probably Nothing, But Could It Be Genital Herpes?

Must Read
20% of the population has or carries herpes simplex virus. But do you know what herpes is? Learn about causes and risk factors for herpes. ...
Do you know the less common signs and symptoms of herpes? Get the facts of herpes symptoms and outbreaks here....
Herpes diagnosis requires proper testing. Learn about the two simple tests that doctors use to confirm a herpes diagnosis....
Hi recently I have gotten small outbreaks on my inner-upper thigh and a swollen lymph node in my groin. Before the swollen node and before the outbrakes I just had what appeared to be a couple ingrown hairs where the outbrakes are now. I shaved down there which aggrivated the what I think were ingrown hairs so now there are outbrakes. They are red or white, and the skin comes off easy (like a bad burn). They don't itch much and seem to be oozing puss or water (also like a burn). They don't even hurt that bad. Could this just be infected razor burn (the infection caused the node to swell maybe)? Follictus? Jock itch? I don't think it is herpes based on that I have been with my current partner for a year and he has never had any signs of herpes that I can tell. And my other 2 previous partners wore condems when we had intercourse and one of them gets tested regulary for stds. The outbrakes have only been there for about a couple days and the swollen lymph node only came yesterday. Putting antibiotic ointment on the outbrakes seems to be helping and taking ibuprofin seems to be making my lymph node go back to regular size. I am getting a pap test in a few weeks but I would like any information you can give me just to ease my mind. Thanksss!
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied September 8th, 2006
Experienced User
I experienced the exact same thing last month and after a week it went away, however this week it's come again except with a rash which seems to fit the discription of syphilis. I don't know really, i'm not a doctor, but i'm going to get checked and so should you.
I never thought it could be infected by a razor, that seems very plausible. With all the bacteria and tiny rust particals on those things we should be more careful ;)
|

replied September 10th, 2006
Yeah my boyfriend said it sounds more like syphilis too, which I would prefer to genital herpes anyday. We're getting tested and everything next week. The sore on my inner thigh is gone and my lymph node is barely swollen at all and I feel fine now, I will be very thankful if I am worrying for nothing lol. But my boyfriend brought to my attention last week that a couple months ago he had some weird brownish spots on his back and leg, which I remember vaguely. We couldnt figure out what they were so we ignored them and they went away, but looking back now, brownish spots like his were symptoms of syphilis. But anyway we are having it taken care of and I hope you do too :)
|

replied September 20th, 2006
My boyfriend and I got tested yesterday, we dont have any stds thankfully! Haha all that worrying for nothing : )
|