Medical Questions > Mens Health > Sexual Health - Men Forum

Lifting Weights...penis Size Not As Big

Must Read
Talking openly about the penis is a very personal matter. Learn basic penis anatomy to discuss penile disorders accurately with your doctor....
Penis symptoms that interfere with sexual activity or urination could be serious. Learn the signs and symptoms of penis problems that require a doctor's help....
How do urologists evaluate and diagnose painful penis? A penis disorder is a medical problem. Learn more about possible diagnoses for penis disorders now....
I am an 18 yr old guy..I have started getting serious about working and lifting weights for my arms and I have noticed that my penis isn't as big soft or hard as it was before I started working out...And my testes are no longer dropped. Is this normal? What is my problem?
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied August 18th, 2006
Especially eHealthy
Your testicles went back inside your body!? That's crazy stuff dude. And it sounds like you're doing steroids, to me.
|

replied August 18th, 2006
Lol, no they didn't go back inside my body they just dont drop anymore when I get an erection..And my erection isn't as big...
|

replied August 20th, 2006
??????
|

replied August 20th, 2006
Especially eHealthy
Weight lifting can have adverse affects on your physiology. So do you want big muscles, or a big erection?
|

replied April 17th, 2008
ok, firstly, weight lifting does not make you penis small. infact i have found mine gets bigger.

however, overtraining and not breathing correctly while training might cause this.
|

replied April 17th, 2008
Especially eHealthy
therealgman wrote:
ok, firstly, weight lifting does not make you penis small. infact i have found mine gets bigger.

however, overtraining and not breathing correctly while training might cause this.

How could THAT cause your penis to shrink? It makes no more sense than normal training. Bad training may make your arms hurt; but it is not going to shrink your penis.

Now steroids, that'll do it!
|

User Profile
replied April 17th, 2008
Active User, very eHealthy
When you get an erection, your testicles are suppose to retract... Or is something wrong with mine???

I thought they were suppose to retract in order to eject sperm better anyway, rather then having to transfer all that from way down there when its hanging low.
|

replied April 17th, 2008
Especially eHealthy
Testicles react differently during erection and orgasm. My last bf's tightened during orgasm. Makes sense to me. But testicles retracting is not the same as your penis permanently shrinking due to lifting weights. The OP had some weird things going on, that's for sure.
|

replied June 4th, 2009
First off your penis will not shirk due to steroid use but your testicles will mate. It seems to me that perhaps you are overtraining thus causing an overall cortisol state. Take 10 days off weight training and just relax this should help.
|

User Profile
replied June 6th, 2009
Experienced User
If you are using Steroids you testicles may get smaller and you may start shooting blanks, this may or may not be reversible. Sometimes when you legs muscles get developed really fast you penis my look smaller but this is just a mind thing. If you are doing steroids take brakes like every other week or something like that, You may get big real fast but you may pay the price.
|

replied March 27th, 2011
penis size
started this program two weeks ago at 7.5" long and 5" around. now at 7.75" long and a whopping 6.75" around the girls love it and so do i this program is great!!!
|