Medical Questions > Mental Health > Addiction, Recovery Forum

Adderall Overdose? And Possible Addiction Please Help

Must Read
Learn the basics about mental disorders, including risk factors, diagnosis, and treatment options. ...
Learn about risk factors to developing a mental health condition. ...
Learn about screening and diagnosis options available for mental conditions....
I took my perscribed 25 mg of adderall on my first day of it. I was fine throughout the day. (by the way im 6 foot and 200 lbs) so, I got high pulse, dry mouth, rushing feeling, sweating, I felt very warm, and towards the end of the day I got a bit of tremor. Thats all. The next morning, I felt like I had a hard time breathing and my chest felt tight. My pulse was also high. I then, thought it was all ok and took my 25 mg again. At the end of the day, it was still hard to breathe and my chest began to hurt and eventually around my esauphagus began to be sore. Now, I still am short of breath and get chest pains and sometimes my throat swells a bit. I've talked to my doctor and he immediatly took me off adderall and told me to drink lots of water and gave me an inhaler. I've told him over and over that it hasnt changed for months now and he keeps saying keep drinking etc. The guys a nitwit! I am in no finacial place to even use medical insurance to pay for it. I have no money and am struggling a lot, and my medication is also taking a lot of money. Its been almost three months since my dosage and I think I might be addicted because it hasnt gone away. Am i? Either way, what do I do to get rid of it?
Did you find this post helpful?
|