Medical Questions > Parenting > Newborn Babies Forum

Baby Vomiting When Asleep, Is This Dangerous

Must Read
A definition of the medical practice of infant male circumcision....
Is circumcision required for male babies? Why are boys circumcised? A quick review of the medical benefits of circumcision here. ...
What happens during a routine circumcision for a male child? Read more about this common procedure....
Hello,

this afternoon I had my baby on a playmat on her back, she brought up a whole lot of milk which was overflowing in her mouth, about a cup worth, she didnt cough or make a sound, im really scared that this might happen in the middle of the night when we are all asleep. She had been fed about an hr earlier and burped. Is there anything I can do to stop this happening again, it was really scary
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied August 17th, 2006
Extremely eHealthy
She should sleep elevated. My son has reflux and has to sleep in his swing. Otherwise he chokes on his reflux at night. Also, the fluid can go up into the ears and sinuses and cause all kinds of infections. I recommend you keep your child as upright as possible.
|

User Profile
replied August 18th, 2006
Especially eHealthy
My son was a spitter, he also had a few digestive disorders. My doctor recommended that he sleep on his side with a sleep positioner at his back to keep him in place. It works, the vomit trickles out and down and I don't worry as much! Lol!
|