Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Kidney Conditions Forum

Should I Consult my doctor Immediately about Pain in the Rig

Must Read
Chronic pain affects more than 70 million Americans. But what is pain? And how can pain management help relieve different types of pain? Basic facts here....
How does the nervous system work to register pain? And what are the major causes of acute and chronic pain? Plus, who's at risk of pain here....
Acute and chronic pain manifest different symptoms. Learn the difference here and know when to seek medical help for pain....
User Profile
Stent was removed in 2005 after a month. I'm now experiencing right flank pain again, and I'm starting to feel tired with activity. Could this be the ureter again and/ or the kidney? Should I consult my doctor right away or just rest, giving it some time to go away?

Did you find this post helpful?

User Profile
replied August 22nd, 2006
Kidney Conditions Answer A1347
It seems wise that you consult your doctor. An abdominal ultrasound and blood/urine analyses (urea, creatinin, proteins in urine, urine sediment…) are necessary diagnostic procedures at this time. You may be experiencing a kidney or ureter stone.
Did you find this post helpful?
This question has been answered by the doctor. This topic is now open for public discussion, however no comments below this point will be answered by a doctor.
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Kidney Conditions , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.